Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oval fuel line grommet - front of tunnel, Oval fuel line grommet - front of tunnel
mgarrison
post May 4 2023, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,922
Region Association: Southwest Region

Is there a source from the large, oval grommet for the fuel lines at the front of the tunnel where the lines protrude into the area under the fuel tank? So far I have been unable to find a vendor that sells them.

I swiped this diagram from 914Rubber - the piece I'm referring to I've circled in red...
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
914werke
post May 5 2023, 04:13 PM
Post #2

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(wonkipop @ May 5 2023, 02:41 PM) *

@914werke makes an interesting point about fuel line sizes.
might have to look into that further. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
another rabbit hole.
i noticed the fuel pump that i took off mine and i think (99%) it was original was a 009 with three equal ports. however there was a difference in the plastic lines running through the central tunnel. the feed line was still slightly bigger.
anyway, nothing to do with early fuel tanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Oh but it does, the tanks have coresponding fitting/nipples to match the OE low & high pressure nylon material & sizes (& grommets (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)).
I dont really see the point in maintaining the two differing sizes If you are buying new SS lines (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post May 5 2023, 07:19 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(914werke @ May 5 2023, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ May 5 2023, 02:41 PM) *

@914werke makes an interesting point about fuel line sizes.
might have to look into that further. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
another rabbit hole.
i noticed the fuel pump that i took off mine and i think (99%) it was original was a 009 with three equal ports. however there was a difference in the plastic lines running through the central tunnel. the feed line was still slightly bigger.
anyway, nothing to do with early fuel tanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Oh but it does, the tanks have coresponding fitting/nipples to match the OE low & high pressure nylon material & sizes (& grommets (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)).
I dont really see the point in maintaining the two differing sizes If you are buying new SS lines (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

i'll dig my plastic original lines out. i kept the ends with the stainless sections that go through the grommet. they were original to the metal tank but rear cannister version.
i have the fuel pump down at the workshop. the ports all look the same externally but my memory is the internal bore was slightly larger (pretty subtle) on the feed port.
its a 009 pump and i am fairly certain original. 3 port in original location under engine.
i know they are still different sizes (feed and return) because i hand made my steel lines and they had to be two different diams to match original. and its got the vapor line hole in the grommet as well. this is for a "late" 74 (jan build) as distinct from a 75.

don't know much about the SS line kits. are you saying they are same diameter lines with the SS replacement lines? all i know is i reproduced my original ones and def smaller return.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 08:51 AM