Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> NoVA/DC get-together?
flipb
post Aug 11 2023, 07:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I just noticed there are a number of 914 owners nearby, many of whom I haven't met. Thinking about an informal, simple get-together in Northern Virginia.

Maybe a 914 Invasion of Katie's one Saturday morning? And/or a cruise around some good local roads?

Something that nobody has to host, and just a few hour commitment on a weekend.

Who's interested? And who am I missing?

@Cupomeat
@JmuRiz
@anderssj
@BENBRO02
@Racer
@casey944

I met a guy with a Malaga '75 at Katie's a few weeks ago, not sure if he's a member here.

I've only tagged the NoVAites above; DC/MD folks certainly would be welcome too.

If we start planning now, maybe we can do something during peak 914 season, September-ish.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
OKN929
post Aug 14 2023, 02:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 27,039
Region Association: None

In interested in a 914 meet, sounds like a great idea. Need to get some overheating issues worked out first but hope I can make it. Anyone know a good 914 person to work on my car, I've done a lot myself but think I need an expert to help me sort out some issues.

Looking forward to it!
+Quote Post
flipb
post Aug 14 2023, 02:38 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(OKN929 @ Aug 14 2023, 04:19 PM) *

In interested in a 914 meet, sounds like a great idea. Need to get some overheating issues worked out first but hope I can make it. Anyone know a good 914 person to work on my car, I've done a lot myself but think I need an expert to help me sort out some issues.

Looking forward to it!

If you're in NoVA, Ray at ASG is the Potomac PCA "official" expert on the 914. He can be a little curmudgeonly and the shop is sometimes backed up with racecar projects, but this time of year it might not be too bad.

Or, if we make this get-together actually happen, maybe we could crowd-source your overheating issue...
+Quote Post
OKN929
post Aug 14 2023, 07:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 27,039
Region Association: None

QUOTE(flipb @ Aug 14 2023, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(OKN929 @ Aug 14 2023, 04:19 PM) *

Looking forward to it!

If you're in NoVA, Ray at ASG is the Potomac PCA "official" expert on the 914. He can be a little curmudgeonly and the shop is sometimes backed up with racecar projects, but this time of year it might not be too bad.

Or, if we make this get-together actually happen, maybe we could crowd-source your overheating issue...

I'm really trying to make it out....I'm working on it every night after work and hope I can sort out some issues but would love to meet folks in the area with 914 to share some wisdom. I'm down in Fredericksburg but will make the trip if the invite is open to everyone! Let me know if you think of anyone else in the area that may be worth checking out for some work.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 11:20 PM