Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Heated Windshield, anyone?, Save on shipping
tygaboy
post Jun 29 2026, 01:33 PM
Post #1


914 Guru
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 5,853
Joined: 6-October 15
From: Petaluma, CA
Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California



After doing most of the work to add a heater core to my fresh air box, 3D printing some cool parts, fabbing the lines and buying everything else I need, I thought "do I really want all this when what I really need is a simple defrost function?"
I mean, I live in CA, don't drive the car if it's super cold or raining and I have heated seats. So the answer is "no, not gonna do it."

Instead, I'm going to order 2 heated windshields (one for the LS car, one for the Ferrari build) from Heated Windsceens / Ricky Evans Motorsports in the UK:

www.heatedwindscreen.com

From their site:
Is my windscreen going to be fully road legal?
Yes - A lot of our heated windscreens are designing for motorsport use, however all of our products are fully road legal with all the correct markings for use on roads all over the world.

Cost is currently about $400 US plus shipping. When I told them I wanted two, they said they have to put them on a pallet and the shipping cost would stay the same if it's two or up to 5 or 6.

So... Anyone interested in a heated windshield?

As far as needed wiring, here's the response I got when I asked about wiring it:
To get the best performance from the screen it’s a 25A fuse and relay both sides to a single switch, you can do just a single circuit and rate it higher, attached the inner two wires on the screen but then it will take longer to warm up.

PM me if you're interested and we can work out the details.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
GregAmy
post Jun 29 2026, 02:21 PM
Post #2


Advanced Member
****

Group: Members
Posts: 2,701
Joined: 22-February 13
From: Middletown CT
Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States



Are these laminated clear elements? Any photos?

It's a common racer trick to buy a rear window defrost grid and install it on the inside of the front windshield. Don't even notice it while driver after initial surprise.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tygaboy   Heated Windshield, anyone?   Jun 29 2026, 01:33 PM
JeffBowlsby   I wonder if these could be used as an antenna? :t...   Jun 29 2026, 02:02 PM
GregAmy   Are these laminated clear elements? Any photos? I...   Jun 29 2026, 02:21 PM
tygaboy   Are these laminated clear elements? Any photos? ...   Jun 29 2026, 04:08 PM
JeffBowlsby   I contacted the manufacturer asking: "I was w...   Jul 1 2026, 08:00 AM
windforfun   I contacted the manufacturer asking: "I was ...   Jul 1 2026, 09:08 AM
JeffBowlsby   I contacted the manufacturer asking: "I was...   Jul 1 2026, 10:24 AM
windforfun   [quote name='windforfun' post='3263565' date='Jul...   Jul 1 2026, 11:13 AM
carreras0   Adding onto Jeff's electrical curiosity--- I w...   Oct 1 2026, 04:15 PM
JeffBowlsby   More from Rickys 'Dan': "The wires r...   Jul 2 2026, 07:57 AM
windforfun   More from Rickys 'Dan': "The wires ...   Jul 2 2026, 10:23 AM
Shivers   I saw it is calc'd out at a 25 amp fuse, do yo...   Jul 2 2026, 02:51 PM
Dlee6205   :bump: There's at least two of us interested...   Jul 7 2026, 02:22 PM
T.Rick6   :bump: There's at least two of us intereste...   Jul 8 2026, 07:57 AM
Steve   The price is right, but not really needed in Calif...   Jul 7 2026, 03:13 PM
GregAmy   This would be a fantastic answer for my racer. Bu...   Jul 7 2026, 08:16 PM
Chris914n6   imma going to help you change your mind.... lol W...   Jul 8 2026, 12:48 AM
morehills   I'm in on this east coast deal and I think it...   Jul 8 2026, 06:09 AM
tygaboy   Update: I heard back, answers in bold, below. I...   Jul 13 2026, 08:07 AM
tygaboy   And the bad news is that shipping costs for one wi...   Jul 13 2026, 08:54 AM
tygaboy   Another update: I asked about how visible that sil...   Jul 13 2026, 09:08 AM
Optimusglen   My 2009 Range Rover has the factory heated windshi...   Jul 13 2026, 11:52 AM
Shivers   Just fyi it is a 10 amp draw. You may want to calc...   Jul 13 2026, 02:16 PM
Chris914n6   Is that glass or plastic? Plastic will micro scrat...   Jul 13 2026, 03:16 PM
burton73   Is that glass or plastic? Plastic will micro scra...   Jul 13 2026, 05:09 PM
windforfun   Is that glass or plastic? Plastic will micro scr...   Jul 19 2026, 06:57 PM
Andyrew   Chris, As I messaged in my text I’m in for one...   Jul 19 2026, 06:21 PM


Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 01:25 AM
...