Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Newbie, questions from an inquisitor
jeg242s
post Mar 16 2005, 11:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,772

I am considering getting into the 914 thing. I currently am rebuilding a 1989 Jeep Cherokee significant rust etc. etc. etc. My question is how much more difficult is it to maintain a 914? I am ok mechanially and was wondering if I could maintain a 914, I would love to learn about it and you guys seem to have a lot of information to dispose. Thanks in advance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
skline
post Mar 17 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #2

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Where is Roachport Missouri? I used to live in Kansas City and the surrounding areas. Anyway, to hear these guys talk, its a never ending money pit. Do listen to them 100%. Only about 70%. They can cost a lot of money if you have to do a lot to the car. Body work is included in that also. The engines, you can build yourself for less than you can buy one already done. However, an already to go engine from a reputable place can save you a lot of headaches. I have built about 8 or 10 engines and I just like doing it. Others may not enjoy it as much as I do. Sometimes you make mistakes and they can be costly. Its called the learning curve. They are not kidding about how much fun they are to drive. There isnt another car out there for the money that can do what these cars can do in stock form. If you like them, get one and start driving it. You will be hooked.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 02:42 AM