Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> MSD rev limit tech question., Bill Pickering?
Trekkor
post Mar 17 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #1

I do things...

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

Got the odd increment pack.
The mechanical rev limiting rotor was a 7300 unit.
I replaced it with a standard Bosch rotor.
I've been running on the provided 7k MSD pill.

I guess my question is, how high can I safely rev my SIX at the a/x for short blasts?

KT

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
nine14cats
post Mar 18 2005, 12:03 AM
Post #2

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

Hi Trekkor,

We won't be at Marina. No 914 racing until the "beast" is done. I'm not kidding about 2006...very sad.

One trick for your car as you go forward is to re-gear your 901. I know that your car is slowly becoming a race car, so I feel okay telling you to do it! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

Cheap way is to flip 5th, put it into 3rd, get a "Q" gear for 4th and move the 4th "V" gear to 5th. You're only buying one new gear that way. My tranny had that gearing and with a 7200 RPM rev limit I could get into 3rd at Candlestick, Alameda, and Golden Gate Fields. With that gearing I normally could only get into 2nd at Marina (unless Randal had designed one of his wicked long sweepers down the middle!).

Oh...and while you're in there, put an 80% limited slip in there as well...really feels nice on the big tracks and you can adjust your driving style to get around the added understeer at auto-x's. And....and...and....and...and....and...

Welcome to the dark side....... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 08:37 AM