Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT- Editable Form?, from/in Acrobat?
seanery
post Mar 22 2005, 01:15 PM
Post #1

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

I've got a document that I have created that is now a PDF. I would like to be able to open the document in Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc...doesn't really matter which one that I can type in the fields. Can this be done? Is it easy? I mean, can I do it? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

Here is the document: Rental Form
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
campbellcj
post Mar 24 2005, 12:52 AM
Post #2

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Late to the party on this thread, but there's definitely some pretty cool stuff that can be done with Acrobat 7. I've recently done some work with fillable PDF's using their XFDF (XML) interface, where you can fill-in part/all of a form template from a database-driven app, and then the user can fill-in other parts manually if necessary, and print or email the completed form, even with an e-signature and remarks etc. Our app uses this to aid our clients in populating government forms which are very tedious and error-prone to do manually.

Acrobat versions prior to 7 did not apparently include the form designer so you could work with predesigned forms but not create new ones from scratch. Adobe does really nail you license-wise as users can't save completed forms with the free Reader and so to do any significant "work" other than reading other peoples' docs, you have to buy the Standard or Pro versions $$$. Still, it beats paper by a long shot for many applications.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 03:53 AM