Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> In Phoenix...
TravisNeff
post Apr 7 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

Went searching for parts this morning and saw a orange 914, black bumpers with historic plates on it, got my parts and was on my way. A few miles later he was following me a few cars back on 19th Ave/Peoria. BBS member?

Next, I was hunting through the Autotrader, pretending I had money to burn and saw this:

1970 PORSCHE, ran great, needs clutch, starter, rear struts, interior good condition, make offer - what do you think this can be had for? 1970 911T coupe. Hmm tax return is coming....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ArtechnikA
post Apr 7 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

"ran" ? be afraid, be very afraid... needs a clutch *and* a starter ? sounds suspiciously like serious driveability / poor start issues before itr "quit running" but -- all 35-year-old Porsches probably need clutches and starters... 911's don't really have "struts" in back - it's a damper/torsion bar/ semi-trailing arm suspension.

the black engine grille is not original (should be chrome...)

a '70T was a carbureted, 2,2-liter no-piston-squirter 125 DIN HP magnesium-case engine.

the cars were pretty light but a '70T engine is probably not where you'd choose to start if you wanted to uprate.

i'd guess $3500 tops, but people with cars like this tend to think they're priceless historic sports cars worth tens of thousands... maybe $500 more if you can get the engine to light up and it sounds decent...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Travis Neff   In Phoenix...   Apr 7 2005, 02:03 PM
ArtechnikA   "ran" ? be afraid, be very afraid... needs a clu...   Apr 7 2005, 02:15 PM
Root_Werks  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:02 AM