Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Best way to remove (and reattach), guage bezels?
bondo
post Apr 27 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

I've seen lots of "it's easy if you do it right" and "forget it I always screw them up". I haven't seen a good description of how to do it by the people wo are really good at it. (dr. evil?)

I have spares of speedo/tach/combo guages, but no spares of the 911 clock and small combo guage size. I need to be good at it by the time I get to those. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif) Any suggestions?

(I have 5 guages because I'm doing the getty dash thing)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
wilchek
post Apr 28 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,177

I did it to my clock to fix it. It is not all that bad if you have a mini screw driver to start. Just pry it enough that you can get it loose. Don't bend the lip too far. You only need to pry half the edge and slip the rest out. When you put it back on just grin and bare it and use your finger tip to try and get the lip pushed back as much as you can and then use a big flat as wide a you have screw driver to seal it up. You will have a couple scratches which you can cover up with a sharpie in black. A little bit different black but only you will notice. Good Luck. By the way, The glass is normally clean on the inside so try not to finger it up.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 04:42 PM