Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seattle Lapping Day 05/15/05! Anyone else going?
Eddie914
post May 15 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

There is a lapping day at Bremerton Raceway today. I'll be there with the teener.

Anyone else planning on going?

Eddie
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Eddie914
post May 16 2005, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

I was pretty worried about the weather and when Sunday dawned cloudy and wet, my fears were confirmed. With the price of fuel, we decided to take the ferry boat ride. I'm glad we did because the skies opened-up on the crossing from West Seattle for Southworth. By the time we got to Bremerton Raceway, the rain had stopped, but the track was pretty wet.

Wonder of wonders ... it never rained again all day.

The 914/6 ran great (when it was running). The teener had four mechanical glitches during the day but it never misses a session (just parts of a couple sessions), never had to be towed off the track, and made home under it's own power.

Glitches:

- Oil leak (only about 5 quarts!)
- Fuel leak (loose banjo fitting)
- Fuel pump power source (jumpered for now)
- Fan belt (shredded)

Good thing for friends with tools, parts, and ingenuity.

I had a great complement on the teener from a Porsche 993 Turbo owner. He complemented the simplicity of the 914. The 993 developed a minor oil leak. The engine compartment was so congested we had to remove the intercooler and lots of other intake plumbing just to get to the loose fitting.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 07:47 PM