Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Looking for a good AutoX how to book
GaroldShaffer
post Aug 3 2003, 08:18 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

I have never done a autox before. But since I will soon
be a 914 owner again, I would like to try a few when
my local PCA has them. until that time I would like to
read up on the basics of autocrossing. What book(s) would you recommend? Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
airsix
post Aug 3 2003, 10:35 PM
Post #2

I have bees in my epiglotis

Group: Members
Member No.: 266

I'll second "Secrets of Solo Racing" as a good first book. Don't expect it to all make sense until you've been autocrossing for a while though. When you get to some events get some passenger seat time right away. Also, find someone experienced to walk the course with you. I found that to be very helpful. Riding shotgun with a good driver, and having a vet walk you though the course explaining the lines as you go will be the key to making sense of what you've read.
-Ben M.

ps - Don't be overly concerned about first impressions - my first time out on a course was as a passenger in a late '80's Carerra and the guy nearly scared me to death (and I don't scare easy). I stepped out of his car seriously reconsidering what I was getting into. But I'd paid my money, and like it or not I was going to at least try it. Then I took my first run behind the wheel and the heavens opened and light shone all around me, and I stepped right up to the edge of the Newtonian envelope and marveled as the rest of the world stood still for a moment, and in a flash it was over. Then I got back in line so I could put the hammer down again. And again. And again. And I grin for days every time I get to do it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 05:49 AM