Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> AAR, To plug or not to Plug....that is the ?
meares
post Sep 6 2005, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,800

OK.....i can't find an AAR, SOOOOO can i just plug it when the engine gets warm? If it closes the passage way anyway when it warms up, i should be able to plug it right?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
North Bay 914
post Sep 6 2005, 09:26 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,504

I have fixed several AAR valves that were inop, they normally just get stuck, so just spray some sort of penatrating oil in it, let it sit for a couple of days. Spray it during the time it is sitting, just make sure the oil keeps getting where its not been in a long time. Put power on it to see if the valve is rotating. I have a 12V power supply on the bench. Use caution, they get Damn hot! Normally they will work. I have not had one that I couldn't make work. About once a month when I'm in the engine compartment, just give it a quick shot to keep it working...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 08:05 PM