Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How much $ for a 3.2 gt replica in the Homeland?, Ship it, enjoy @ Nurnburgring, sell it
BigD9146gt
post Jan 23 2006, 03:04 AM
Post #1

OCD member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,502
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Anybody pay attention to what a restored '73 914 that gets a 3.2 motronic 6, fiberglass flares, 8 pt chromoly cage, Quaife, Moton suspension, RSR front spindles, Boxster calipers, 3pc Fuchs with BBS halfs, 911 dash and complete wiring, bla bla bla, etc etc, overkill retarded mods would go for in Germany? My goal is to finish my "Decade" project, ship it home, drive on the Nurnburgring North Loop (sub 11 min w/o fence meetings), then up into Austria to Kitz, then sell it, buy a couple of Ducati's and visit eveything agian on -2 wheels. Any ideas on $?

Thanks, D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
rick 918-S
post Jan 23 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

IIRC, some countries in euope extract heavy duties on vehicle sales if the purchaser doesn't own the car for like a year prior to the shipment. I painted a 1960 Buick Invicta sport for a Finnish engineer who was living and working in the states. That's what he told me. But if could be hearsay. Anywho.... I agree with the mods and the vehicle inspection thing. To the average inspector the vehicle will simply look like a race car someone is attempting to license for use on the streets. But what do I know. I've never been there.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/hijacked.gif) A little off the subject but still having to do with transporting your car over seas... I like the idea of sending your car over, cruising around say.... With Jeroen when he finishes his car.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif) and shipping it back to the states.

Q. Anyone done it?

Q. If you did would they let you drive it?

Q. How would you insure it? ( collision, liability, US insurance in some cases doesn't extend even into Mexico)

Q. What would it cost to do something as outragous as that.

I was thinking about a EVC.. Euro Vacation Classic.. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 06:44 PM