Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> how soft to Koni's go?, looking for shocks with the best -ride-
siverson
post Feb 9 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

I know this popped up a couple weeks ago, but which shocks provide the best ride? I'm looking for new shocks for my stock 1.7.

Stock Boge? It's whats on there, they don't leak, but they must be worn out because the ride is pretty horrible. There is no rebound control and the car bounces for several minutes after a little bump. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

Bilsteins? Have them on my 3.6 and I like them.

Koni? Would probably run full soft with 100# springs. Bad idea?

KYB? I won't even consider them. Yuch.

-Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ottox914
post Feb 9 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #2

The glory that once was.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

To my limited grasp of things, ride quality is more due to springs and torsion bars, as they support the weight of the car. Shocks control the up and down of the car on the springs/Tbars, sway bars control side to side weight transfer. All that said, my car has 175# springs, 19mm T bars, a 16mm adjustable rear bar, 21mm adjustable front bar, and koni sport yellows all around. I find that for general to and from the auto cross driving, I keep the konis at full soft, and at the event take the fronts up maybe 1/2 to 1 turn, usually leave the rears alone.

Love the Konis. Jason at www.paragon-products.com is the Koni man. He'll treat you as right as anyone, and if his $$$ are a buck or 2 more than others, the advice you'll get is definately worth it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:28 AM