Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> suspension/brakes, 911 to 914 suspension swap
ModPR3
post Feb 21 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,544

i was wondering if anyone had a parts list or price of the cost to swap in a front 911 suspension and brakes. also what years 911s are the best to use for parts.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Dr. Roger
post Feb 22 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #2

A bat out of hell.

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,533
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (ModPR3 @ Feb 21 2006, 08:55 PM)
i was wondering if anyone had a parts list or price of the cost to swap in a front 911 suspension and brakes. also what years 911s are the best to use for parts.

How much money have you set for this project?

Are you aware that the entire 911 suspension is completely swappable with the 914?

I was faced with the same challenges. I found that buying the complete 911 suspension with brakes was the most economical route.

I started calling dismantlers as they have a variety of 911 runners/rollers coming in all the time. Some have been rear-ended but excellent condition front suspensions.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

Of these suspensions, many have already received upgrades as mine did. Turbo tie-rod ends.... Replacement rotors are cheap on Ebay. And it's not brain surgery to swap 'em. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/clap56.gif)

If money isn't an issue go out and start buying everything new you need for a 3 1/2" setup. $$$$

Hope that helps.
Roger
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:21 AM