Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> NPC-Cost odf living in san Jose area, possible job opportunity there....
ChrisReale
post Sep 11 2003, 08:51 PM
Post #1

Sleazy

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

I know a few of the club members live in the bay area. I have a possible job opportunity in San Jose, and was wondering what the area is like, how the cost of living is, blah blah blah.... But the most important thing is, how often is there an AX in that area, and is it year round? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Brad Roberts
post Sep 12 2003, 12:19 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Yep. 52 weeks a year I can be in a car at some track related event (all within 4 hours of my house).

Chris... you will need at LEAST 50k a year to survive here. Its one thing to live here.... its another to "live" here. If you have money saved.. buy a 1 bedroom condo (300-400K) with 10% down. Once your IN this housing nightmare..you will be fine for life. The hard part is getting in. Saving 30-60k is pretty difficult to do making 50k a year and paying 1300-1500 a month in rent somewhere.

BTDT.. I'm not sure I will ever be able to swing buying a house here. I moved here with enough crap to fill a 3 bedroom house (I had a large 3 bedroom house in North Texas by age 21).. so we had gathered a ton of "crap"... I didnt have a choice of living by myself and saving money for a down payment for a 1 bedroom condo.. I had too much crap. So.. listen to all that live here... It is GREAT. But you better have a handle on your finances. I feel right now is the BEST time to move here. Rents are WAY down and housing prices are not going up as fast as they where.

B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 01:33 PM