Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anyone got megasqurit on there 914?
Ratt
post Sep 11 2003, 05:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,136

The 74 im picking up has been de-injected. They put on Dual dellotos(sp?). anyways, My friend Jeff is running Megasquirt on his 1971 BMW. The 914 comes with all the original Fuel injection equipment except for the fuel distributer(I think thats what it was). Is it possible to use the stock injection set-up with the megasquirt ecu? Has anyone else done this conversion?
Thanks for any info
Andy Rattley
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
fiid
post Sep 12 2003, 02:19 PM
Post #2

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

I have a 1.7 (argh) with WB-O2 and Megasquirt.

It runs well, wasn't too hard to do, and isn't too bad for tuning if you use datalogging and MSTweak3K (which is tricky to get going, but I can help you).

The only thing I found was vaguely interesting was getting a throttle position sensor. Turns out that a Subaru TPS fits on the D-jet Throttle body with just an adaptor plate ( drill 4 holes in a flat bit of aluminum ).

I pretty much removed the D-jet brain and worked out which wires to wire into the MS.

The D-jet provides +ve to the injectors where the MS provides ground switching, so I reversed the wiring on the standard wiring harness.

If you pull the injector grounds (two of the plugs) (test them all!) from the 3 point ground on the block, you can run them to +ve and then use the wiring from the brain plug to run into the MS.

I ran the hose that normally goes to the MPS straight to the pressure sensor on the megasquirt.

The Megasquirt board is really easy to build and test. Follow the instructions and you will have a fully functioning board in no time. As the WB02 - it is not as slick as the MS - you have to test a lot of voltage levels and stuff all over the board, and the support is not as good as the MS list. When it is all up and running though, it is very cool.

Fiid.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 03:27 AM