Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> fuel pump, for FI
bd1308
post Dec 17 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #1

Sir Post-a-lot

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,501

what fuel pump works with FI....that's not ten thousand dollars...?

I was thinking a bus fuel pump (input-and-output style) with some kind of pressure regulator using the return to the tank as the relief from the regulator.

the pump is mounted in the front....by the steering rack.

b
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pnewman
post Mar 25 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,606
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I could be wrong about this but I am sure that other members will correct me.

The Fuel comes from the tank to the New fuel pump then out the Pressure side of the fuel pump and then through your tunnel and to the pressurized side of the fuel rail system.

After the fuel rail is the fuel pressurized then the rail continues to the regulator. Whatever excess fuel pressure that is above the required amount per the regulator is then discharged into the return fuel line back through the tunnel and into the fuel tank.

Think of the return fuel line as a pressure dump for excess psi so as to not over load the fuel circuit.

I am in the process of relocating my oem fuel pump to the front and simultaneously switching over to a 2 port cylinder style fuel pump from the dreaded 3 port pump.

I will be using you as my gineou pig I guess.

Let me know if it works..
If I don't hear from you I will assume that you died in a firey 914 fuel pump mishap and then I will have to hit the books again. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)

Pete (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 04:28 PM