Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ITS ALIVE! AND IT HUNGERS FOR SOULS, Scary
Dr Evil
post May 24 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

It is running and sounds frightening

More later, gotta go to an engagement.

I know, I'm a trease.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Dr Evil
post May 24 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #2

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

New price for door panels, $1000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Doctor rates, ya know?

Ok here is the story:

Read my other posts on what was going on in order before today. Today I went out and unplugged the cold start valve (what I though I already did, but didn't) and plugged in the warmup regulator (what I actually unplugged the first time).

Why? Because the CSV was flooding the hell out of my engine and it would not start.

So I did this and it would seem to start immediately, but as soon as I depressed the pedal it woudl die, "vroom, stop."

I could still smell a buch of gas so I decided to remove all of the spark plugs and I used my hot air gun, on cold of course, to dry all of the cylinders out. I reinstalled, closed the idle set screw almost all of the way and gave it a go.

I got it running rough and it was smoking pretty good, but I gave it gas and eventually it started to smooth out a bit and I got it up to 3k. With both doors open and a light wind I was still engulfed in a cloud of freshly burnt off stickers from the bursche exhaust, and the little fuel in the header plus other things.

It sounded angry, powerful and hungry. I got it smoothed out after some tweeking and it will even idle on its own (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Now the next problem......

I quickly noticed the new puddle of oil under my drivers side...)*(&)&)(&!

This has been an on going problem as I noticed the mating surface for the lower valve cover has dents in it (WTF!) and was leaking before so I sealed it with some tri-bond 1211. It worked, alomost. Ya see, the clearance between my oil cooler and the valve cover is very tight (as oppsed to before when it was non existenet) and when I put it on I must have remived some sealant. So, I have some silicone coated valve cover gaskets on their way as of tonight.....I hope they get here soon.

To add insult to injury, the oil line needs to be tightened which requires removing the left header....always something. Sooooo, maybe this weekend, if the parts arive, I will move it out off the garage for the first time in a year and it will be moving under its own power for the first time in about 3 years.

The engine sounds scary running in the garage, though.
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 25 2006, 07:05 AM
Post #3

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 24 2006, 11:24 PM) *

Now the next problem......

I quickly noticed the new puddle of oil under my drivers side...)*(&)&)(&!

This has been an on going problem as I noticed the mating surface for the lower valve cover has dents in it (WTF!) and was leaking before so I sealed it with some tri-bond 1211. It worked, alomost. Ya see, the clearance between my oil cooler and the valve cover is very tight (as oppsed to before when it was non existenet) and when I put it on I must have remived some sealant. So, I have some silicone coated valve cover gaskets on their way as of tonight.....I hope they get here soon.

Grats man! I'm gonna need your help when I install my 2.7 CIS. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Didya see my last reply to your Next problem....now what, Gonna haveta bend something thread? You never answered that question. The valve covers need to have some of the stiffening rib area at the rear of the covers milled off when /6 motors are installed in a 914. Especially on the left side.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dr Evil   ITS ALIVE! AND IT HUNGERS FOR SOULS   May 24 2006, 04:22 PM
Aaron Cox   i knew you could do it.... you built it ...   May 24 2006, 04:37 PM
Leo Imperial   :thumbsup: :beer2: :headbanger: :clap: :trophy...   May 24 2006, 04:37 PM
Gint   Dammit! What a blue-ball...   May 24 2006, 04:59 PM
jimkelly   What a relief :thumbsup:   May 24 2006, 07:38 PM
Headrage   Wat to go Mike!!!!!!!...   May 24 2006, 07:42 PM
fitsbain   Good job Dr E!!! I didn;t think you w...   May 24 2006, 08:17 PM
plas76targa   :trophy: Way to go Mike! Wha's goin' ...   May 24 2006, 08:34 PM
So.Cal.914   Good deal. :burnout: You didn't say what t...   May 24 2006, 09:49 PM
Series9   I can't believe you're wasting your time o...   May 24 2006, 10:10 PM
Dr Evil   New price for door panels, $1000 ;) Doctor ra...   May 24 2006, 11:24 PM
Gint  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:57 PM