It is running and sounds frightening

More later, gotta go to an engagement.

I know, I'm a trease.
Aaron Cox
i knew you could do it....

you built it after all.....

how long till it blows up? tongue.gif

Leo Imperial
thumb3d.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif clap56.gif smilie_pokal.gif smoke.gif jsharp.gif

Doooode cooool
Gint
Dammit! What a blue-ball...
jimkelly
What a relief thumb3d.gif
Allan
Wat to go Mike!!!!!!!!!

Keep the adrenalin flowing when you go to anatomy class and throw cadaver parts all over the room.....
fitsbain
Good job Dr E!!!

I didn;t think you would get it done before our now pushed back till the 24th of june get together.

You did say it would be done by Saturday and of course you did it.
plas76targa
smilie_pokal.gif Way to go Mike!

Wha's goin' on 6/24?
So.Cal.914
Good deal. burnout.gif

You didn't say what the problem was. " I gots ta know."

smoke.gif
Series9
I can't believe you're wasting your time on Medschool when I need door panels for Liz....

But seriously, congratulations.
Dr Evil
New price for door panels, $1000 wink.gif Doctor rates, ya know?

Ok here is the story:

Read my other posts on what was going on in order before today. Today I went out and unplugged the cold start valve (what I though I already did, but didn't) and plugged in the warmup regulator (what I actually unplugged the first time).

Why? Because the CSV was flooding the hell out of my engine and it would not start.

So I did this and it would seem to start immediately, but as soon as I depressed the pedal it woudl die, "vroom, stop."

I could still smell a buch of gas so I decided to remove all of the spark plugs and I used my hot air gun, on cold of course, to dry all of the cylinders out. I reinstalled, closed the idle set screw almost all of the way and gave it a go.

I got it running rough and it was smoking pretty good, but I gave it gas and eventually it started to smooth out a bit and I got it up to 3k. With both doors open and a light wind I was still engulfed in a cloud of freshly burnt off stickers from the bursche exhaust, and the little fuel in the header plus other things.

It sounded angry, powerful and hungry. I got it smoothed out after some tweeking and it will even idle on its own biggrin.gif

Now the next problem......

I quickly noticed the new puddle of oil under my drivers side...)*(&)&)(&!

This has been an on going problem as I noticed the mating surface for the lower valve cover has dents in it (WTF!) and was leaking before so I sealed it with some tri-bond 1211. It worked, alomost. Ya see, the clearance between my oil cooler and the valve cover is very tight (as oppsed to before when it was non existenet) and when I put it on I must have remived some sealant. So, I have some silicone coated valve cover gaskets on their way as of tonight.....I hope they get here soon.

To add insult to injury, the oil line needs to be tightened which requires removing the left header....always something. Sooooo, maybe this weekend, if the parts arive, I will move it out off the garage for the first time in a year and it will be moving under its own power for the first time in about 3 years.

The engine sounds scary running in the garage, though.
Dr Evil
Matt, 6/24 = BBQ in Pittsburg. See the thread here.
So.Cal.914
I read every thread and every post... Cool,,, now you will be able to enjoy the

the summer, in style. Have Fun.

smoke.gif
root
You better hang on tight when you take it out for your first test drive.
It's got twice the horsepower and half the weight of your diesel cruiser..... driving.gif
Congrats, especially on the idle ability...that's assume.
root
Sorry...Awesome! burnout.gif
JerryP
rocking nana.gif

Nice work.
Gint
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 24 2006, 11:24 PM) *

Now the next problem......

I quickly noticed the new puddle of oil under my drivers side...)*(&)&)(&!

This has been an on going problem as I noticed the mating surface for the lower valve cover has dents in it (WTF!) and was leaking before so I sealed it with some tri-bond 1211. It worked, alomost. Ya see, the clearance between my oil cooler and the valve cover is very tight (as oppsed to before when it was non existenet) and when I put it on I must have remived some sealant. So, I have some silicone coated valve cover gaskets on their way as of tonight.....I hope they get here soon.

Grats man! I'm gonna need your help when I install my 2.7 CIS. wink.gif

Didya see my last reply to your Next problem....now what, Gonna haveta bend something thread? You never answered that question. The valve covers need to have some of the stiffening rib area at the rear of the covers milled off when /6 motors are installed in a 914. Especially on the left side.
rick 918-S
Great to hear. I would still remve the cold start valve and check it. It may be leaking.
brant
congrats Mike!
great job!

brant
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Gint @ May 25 2006, 05:05 AM) *

I'm gonna need your help when I install my 2.7 CIS. wink.gif

av-943.gif

wait.............. unsure.gif

........when I install my 2.7 CIS. wink.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Dr Evil
Hey Gint, I do not get email notifications to my actual email anymore. I only get some to the new one I set up when my account went down because of this problem. If you could change it back, with out resetting my account I woudl be grateful.

Now, back on topic:

Thanks all. So I need to remove valve cover bracing on the stock coverers as well? I thought that this was only required for the turbo covers, but if I can remove it ok on the regulars I will today.

Rick, removing the cold start valve would suck in new and fascinating ways that I can not even immagine dus to its proximal location ot the crappiest spot on the engine in the engine bay. If it stopped working after I unplugged it I will wait and see if the problems resolve......if not then out it comes.
Gint
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 25 2006, 09:22 AM) *

I'm gonna need your help when I install my 2.7 CIS. wink.gif

av-943.gif

wait.............. unsure.gif

Jealousy is such an ugly thing...
Gint
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 25 2006, 09:29 AM) *

Hey Gint, I do not get email notifications to my actual email anymore. I only get some to the new one I set up when my account went down because of this problem. If you could change it back, with out resetting my account I woudl be grateful.

Send me a PM with details and I'll look into it this evening for ya.
Dr Evil
Done, thanks Gint.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.