Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sunday's AX at Mineral Wells, Kudos to Travis Howard
ClayPerrine
post Jun 6 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Sunday at Mineral Wells saw 15 914s running for the AX there. This was NOT planned in any way, they all just showed up.

So much for the Cali contingent who have to plan to get 6 guys to show up in their 914s for an AX. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

And Kudos to Travis Howard. We had an engineering casualty. JR's neighbor (Mike?) had his motor let go in his 74 2.0 on his first run. Travis had trailered his 914 to the event. He let Mike drive his car home, and he put Mike's 914 on the trailer and took to all the way to Wes Hildreth's shop in Plano for him.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Betty
post Jun 6 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #2

Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,255
Region Association: South East States

Instructing was my pleasure! I am always glad to help introduce a new person to the joys of autocrossing! Mike did spectacularly for his very first autocross! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Mike also rode along with me for two runs (I was just happy somebody wanted to ride with me, my car is sooo slow compared to the other guys). I think I may have freaked him out when I started taking a hand off the wheel during the runs to point out important cones and gates, telling him what I was doing the whole time, telling him "watch my feet as I'm downshifting for this corner"... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I could tell he was HOOKED when I heard him say afterwards "I don't care about what it costs to fix the engine, I just want to race now!". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Don't let Wes hear that though.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 07:15 PM