Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> six question, again hypotheticly speaking, what size carbs would one by if.......
pete-stevers
post Jun 10 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #1

saved from fire!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,914
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

one was building a 2.5?
or
if one was building a 2.7........
or.....
if one was building a 3.2
or........
a 3.4.....
of course my next question is
what are they worth???
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Thorshammer
post Jun 11 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,335

Eric,

I just lost my long explanation, Thanks B (you beotch).

Anyway, many people think they must strengthen the pulse at the carb, when the real problem is the lack of inlet port velocity to produce a strong signal in the first place.

About 25 years ago, someone stopped developing these engines. Now, technology has changed significantly, and very few are revisiting the 6 cylinder engines. One good example of this is Jake Raby, he has applied and developed the type four engine very nicely. I don't really feel anyone is doing this for the smaller 6's, there just isn't any money in doing it.

So, what you get is a cookbook engine, this cam, this venturi etc......
kind of what I have done, but with a different spin. Cylinder filling makes power. You get intake pulse signal from a properly designed engine package.

Good volumetrics will make power everywhere, small venturis will only enhance a piss poor package in the midrange and hinder what the top end potential may be.

Take race engine packages for example: building a 2.0 six to race: Use the 906 cam, 46mm int 40 mm exh, tall manifolds, 46 webers and 38 venturis, with 32-34 inch primaries and megaphones. How many times have you heard this shit. My 2.0 EP race motor has none of the above, and I assure you it makes more than most. People just have to do the research and apply newer technology to these engines and they will respond.

Erik Madsen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 08:21 AM