Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Saratoga plexiglass roof, MERGED with "see thru top"
gonflyn
post May 9 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,589

Anyone know about Saratoga plexiglass roofs??? I just saw one on Ebay...never heard of them. I would like to know where they came from and if there is still available some where?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jim_hoyland
post Jul 25 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Get that VIN ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

Update: Stopped by the Plastic Shop, they do custom marine windshieds. Earlier this year i stopped by to see whether it was doable and get an idea whether there are better materials.
Went back again today, while it can be done, they are not interest in this project; they recommended we contact either the original manufacturer of the Saratoga--which according to MM is still in business--or someone who make T-top type stuff.
They indicated the expertise to do it right lies with people already doing it; there are also some liability issues they wished to avoid.

In any case, there is prolly someone out there who has a connection.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 11:45 PM