Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Best source for:, removable steering wheel
Randal
post Jul 21 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

I know I know this has been posted 100 times before, but where do you get the bits to install a removable steering wheel and how hard is it to install?
Somewhere on e-bay

Does it stick out more than the normal wheel? Like I need to know this before I bolt my seat in...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DNHunt
post Aug 5 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #2

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

I'll fess up.....It was a few years ago....BW clockwise....First lap out we round turn 2 and as I unwind the steering wheel it comes off in my hands...under acceleration....
I say to Bill....this is not a good thing smile.gif I calmly push the wheel on so the first part of the splines engage enough to get the car off track drivers side....
Pull the release...push the wheel back on and then pull so hard I bet Bill thought I was going to pull out the steering shaft biggrin.gif
Tool around and go into to speak with Chilli....I tell him the story....he laughs and sends us back out on track....end of story...

Somehow this is destroying my image of instructors.

Dave
+Quote Post
DanT
post Aug 5 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #3

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880
Region Association: None

QUOTE(DNHunt @ Aug 5 2006, 07:13 AM) *

I'll fess up.....It was a few years ago....BW clockwise....First lap out we round turn 2 and as I unwind the steering wheel it comes off in my hands...under acceleration....
I say to Bill....this is not a good thing smile.gif I calmly push the wheel on so the first part of the splines engage enough to get the car off track drivers side....
Pull the release...push the wheel back on and then pull so hard I bet Bill thought I was going to pull out the steering shaft biggrin.gif
Tool around and go into to speak with Chilli....I tell him the story....he laughs and sends us back out on track....end of story...

Somehow this is destroying my image of instructors.

Dave

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dan (Almaden Valley)  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 03:55 AM