Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> engines, what and where?
41ghost
post Aug 4 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,345

looking to build a screemer this winter. wondering whats the best you can do for a 2.0 , whithout spending enough to acually buy another car. right know the set up i have know is fast , faster than a well running fuel stock injected 2.0. and it has 94's , i'm told not to go bigger than 96's, because of heat, and port and pollishing can make a big increase. well anyway what are some things i can do and where do i get the upgrades.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Jake Raby
post Aug 6 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #2

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

why would you have to pull the kit after a certain amount of time

I designed this kit for the engine shop as a complete engine.. When the Hot VWs opportunity came around I really wanted to use it because of it's output and reliability because I planned on making the 3,450 mile cross country trip with what ever engine I completed for the article...

While the article was running I decided to offer the engine in kit form, as a limited time offer...

Now that it'll be finished in September its going back to the engine shop for complete builds only..

With our recent head changes even the weakest 2270 kit is 165HP and this Type 4 Torquer made 185 with 187 TQ last time I dynoed one.. Its serious power for sure
+Quote Post
41ghost
post Aug 7 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,345

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 6 2006, 07:10 AM) *

why would you have to pull the kit after a certain amount of time

I designed this kit for the engine shop as a complete engine.. When the Hot VWs opportunity came around I really wanted to use it because of it's output and reliability because I planned on making the 3,450 mile cross country trip with what ever engine I completed for the article...

While the article was running I decided to offer the engine in kit form, as a limited time offer...

Now that it'll be finished in September its going back to the engine shop for complete builds only..

With our recent head changes even the weakest 2270 kit is 165HP and this Type 4 Torquer made 185 with 187 TQ last time I dynoed one.. Its serious power for sure

ok, here is the rebuild i got last fall that i have in the car now, 300 or so miles on it. 94 bore, stoke 78, align bore size/ std, trust cut size/ std, crankshaft size/ 10std, cam#84 web, lift .435, duration .290, 2.0 heads valve size 44x38, compresiom 8 to 1, this is all i know about this engine. but am looking it inprove on this if possible.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
41ghost  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 11:15 PM