Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tell me this isnt an X19 replica
grantsfo
post Aug 21 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #1

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

I was looking at ebay and couldnt believe my eyes. An X19 914 replica? Tell me I'm mistaken! Oh the horror!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Sammy
post Aug 21 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 178

guys guys guys, we've seen lots of the owner's cars on this board, that one on e-bay is many times better than most of them. no I don't like the dash modification but the flares look better than glued on repro 916 flares any day.
That car is clean and nice. Not perfect, but nice.
This thread reminds me of a punk kid who used to hang on the pelican board and rennlist. He was constantly putting down everyone elses car, nothing was any good. His car was a non-running, rusted out POS. I'd seen better 914s at the pick-a-part after the vultures got done with them.
I propose we make a new rule, you are not allowed to post a slam of someone else's car unless you post all the details of your car so everyone can slam it too.
Anyone who has a 914 that is absolutely perfect in every way is exempt from this rule. All in favor?
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post Aug 22 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #3

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Sammy @ Aug 21 2006, 06:54 PM) *

guys guys guys, we've seen lots of the owner's cars on this board, that one on e-bay is many times better than most of them. no I don't like the dash modification but the flares look better than glued on repro 916 flares any day.
That car is clean and nice. Not perfect, but nice.
This thread reminds me of a punk kid who used to hang on the pelican board and rennlist. He was constantly putting down everyone elses car, nothing was any good. His car was a non-running, rusted out POS. I'd seen better 914s at the pick-a-part after the vultures got done with them.
I propose we make a new rule, you are not allowed to post a slam of someone else's car unless you post all the details of your car so everyone can slam it too.
Anyone who has a 914 that is absolutely perfect in every way is exempt from this rule. All in favor?

you're kidding me, right? Mister "well you done a bunch of stuff, but it really isn't a 914 anymore". You have posted that comment (more or less) in more than a few threads, including in reference to my car.

So is that car really a 914?

You go right into people's threads and give them your opinion. Nobody is going to his ebay ad and saying this stuff - it is a totally separate forum talking about a publicly posted car ad. It is okay to really like it, like it, not like it and so forth.

You can polish a turd all you want, it is still a turd, just smeared around to a nice smooth finish... I think it is a turd, he think it is a golden trophy. Both are right. Cars are personal opinion.

So, when you go to look for a 914, you buy it based on the amazingly solid bodywork the person did to making it look not a 914 then? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Look, my car is a hacked, hacked, hacked loose interpretation of a 914. If you don't like it, that is fine. If nobody likes it that is fine - I built it for me. It's okay to not like this car, and God forbid, even say so. Whoever built it really liked what they were doing; doesn't mean everyone should be kind and caring for their creation because they did a good job ruining the car.

And when the day comes I put mine up for sale, you can go on any forum and say you don't like it or it looks like I did my fair share of meth. Nobody here is going to the ebay ad and hammering him on his classified. That would be incredibly lame (tho' that happens on this forum's classifieds all the time between members which I don't get).

If someone really likes that car and wants to buy it, my opinion is irrelevant to that person. So, what does it matter that it was stated on a separate forum between members. There is a big difference between talking about that "outside" car on this thread and being a member on this board and questioning whether other member's cars are still really a 914.

Classic case of pot calling the kettle black (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
grantsfo   Tell me this isnt an X19 replica   Aug 21 2006, 05:57 PM
TonyAKAVW   WHOA. Check out that video screen. It looks like...   Aug 21 2006, 06:12 PM
Travis Neff   That is the elusive X-14. This design offers twic...   Aug 21 2006, 06:34 PM
balljoint   I like the nose on it. :ducks:   Aug 21 2006, 06:37 PM
turboman808   I didn't think it was that bad til I saw what ...   Aug 21 2006, 06:39 PM
Cap'n Krusty   Didn't we see this one last week? The TP han...   Aug 21 2006, 06:51 PM
T wing   To bad that Kawasaki cassette deck doesn't wor...   Aug 21 2006, 06:58 PM
byndbad914   bodyman + meth binge = X-14. What I find classic ...   Aug 21 2006, 07:05 PM
Eric_Shea   Does the "babeage" come with it? :confus...   Aug 21 2006, 07:07 PM
type47   yeah, but did you notice the gas filler?   Aug 21 2006, 07:08 PM
East coaster   Center console is interesting...........Hey, just ...   Aug 21 2006, 07:22 PM
JPB   What a waste of time and money. He will never see...   Aug 21 2006, 07:45 PM
Sammy   guys guys guys, we've seen lots of the owner...   Aug 21 2006, 07:54 PM
byndbad914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:15 AM