Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Spotted a 914 on TV, Food Channel
maf914
post Sep 2 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #1

Not a Guru!

Group: Members
Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

Last Saturday I was channel surfing and started watching an episode of Unwrapped on the Food Channel. Yes, I'll admit, the Food Channel! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) They were discussing the history of fast food drive-through resturants and commented that in the sixties and seventies the car oriented life style in California made these very popular. They then showed a series of photos from that period and there it was...an orange 914 parked at a fast food pick-up window. Cool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mikey
post Sep 2 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 214
Region Association: None

QUOTE(maf914 @ Sep 2 2006, 08:56 AM) *

Last Saturday I was channel surfing and started watching an episode of Unwrapped on the Food Channel. Yes, I'll admit, the Food Channel! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) They were discussing the history of fast food drive-through resturants and commented that in the sixties and seventies the car oriented life style in California made these very popular. They then showed a series of photos from that period and there it was...an orange 914 parked at a fast food pick-up window. Cool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I also like watching the food channel! Makes me hungry.

I was in Savannah last year. Great city, by the way! I had to stop at Paula Deen's restaurant right in downtown Savannah while I was there. I had seen her on the Food Channel many times and had to try out her food. Unfortunately afterwards I couldn't get off the toilet for two days (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . The food was a little too greasy, I guess. But I also visited a great seafood restaurant right on the river. Much better! Can't remember the name of it though. Looked like an Irish pub. Great food and lots of different beers.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
maf914   Spotted a 914 on TV   Sep 2 2006, 09:56 AM
URY914   My daughter tells me the show was called "Fea...   Sep 2 2006, 10:14 AM
mikey  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 07:13 PM