Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oklahoma Roll call, How many okies do we have on the forum?
mrdezyne
post Sep 5 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #1

Now on larger rolling jack stands!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,510

I've seen several newbies online lately from Oklahoma, how many do we have running around total?
If I had a running teener I would suggest a state wide get together this fall but right now mine does not even roll. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

So if you are from the Sooner state chime in and say howdy.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
keebler117
post Sep 14 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #2

Keebler Kahnn~

Member No.: 6,782
Region Association: None

Howdy Ya'll !! New member to 914club and new owner of a '73 914/4 2.0

Shawn Lively
Enterprise, OK 74462

I just bought my first 1973 914/4 2.0, 1 owner, always garaged, and Documented!
I have been looking for a club in my area that deals with the 914, but with no luck, and I dont want to join the PCA. Looking for more of a HomeGrown club.

If anyone wants to talk shop, feel free to contact me anytime. I only live 30 min. South of Muskogee and 60 min. West of Ft. Smith AR.

Any good Tracks or Courses in this area to take my baby to? Dont like to drive her too much on the highway, (Or at least the way I want to drive her)...

Count me in! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Shawn Lively aka Keebler Kahnn
(918)-391-2458 CELL
(918)-799-5272 HOME after 5:30 pm and Weekends.

www.LLFunBuggy.com (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Sep 14 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(keebler117 @ Sep 14 2006, 08:53 AM) *

I just bought my first 1973 914/4 2.0, 1 owner, always garaged, and Documented!
I have been looking for a club in my area that deals with the 914, but with no luck, and I dont want to join the PCA. Looking for more of a HomeGrown club.

Any good Tracks or Courses in this area to take my baby to? Dont like to drive her too much on the highway, (Or at least the way I want to drive her)...

Count me in! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

www.LLFunBuggy.com (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

Shawn,
Sounds like you scored a sweet machine there, have you posted pics of it yet in the members rides thread? I have attended a couple PCA events and I'm with you, I tend to enjoy more of a local flavor than a national group. That being said, the local PCA chapter is very active and sets up some great autocross events in Miami and at the fair grounds in Tulsa I believe. Brian at RennSport has several 914's in his possesion and his wife runs one at Hallet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

You need to check into the SCCA chapters in OKC and Tulsa (whichever is closer for you). I know the OKC group has regular events and a large following. The Tulsa group had over 100 cars at the last event but usually have problems finding venues to hold their events so they are sparatic and few. Both have websites online with calendars of events if you search for them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

And again WELCOME!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Brant,
I'm marking my calendar to make a trip out to Hallet to see you run. I'll be a newlywed returning from Maui the weekend before, but hopefully I can talk the new wifey into coming out with me.

This might be a good 1st meeting for any other local 914 guys/girls to get together. Do a search for Hallet to get directions, its midway between Tulsa and Stillwater on the toll road. If you are interested in a group meeting lets decide on Sunday or Saturday.

+Quote Post
keebler117
post Sep 14 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #4

Keebler Kahnn~

Member No.: 6,782
Region Association: None

Shawn,
Sounds like you scored a sweet machine there, have you posted pics of it yet in the members rides thread? I have attended a couple PCA events and I'm with you, I tend to enjoy more of a local flavor than a national group. That being said, the local PCA chapter is very active and sets up some great autocross events in Miami and at the fair grounds in Tulsa I believe. Brian at RennSport has several 914's in his possesion and his wife runs one at Hallet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Here are some photos of the 914.... This car is gonna drive me Crazy! Looking for sites all about it, parts (Just in case) and local orginizations...Etc... etc... I have found a new obsession, (Besides my wife).

(IMG:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/bubbansis/Photo910-1-9612_09AM.jpg)

(IMG:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/bubbansis/Photo710-1-9612_09AM.jpg)

(IMG:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/bubbansis/Photo510-1-9612_06AM.jpg)

(IMG:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/bubbansis/Photo310-1-9612_06AM.jpg)

(IMG:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/bubbansis/Photo210-1-9612_06AM.jpg)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
Kahnn~

PS... I forgot to mention... I DID NOT INSTALL THE CD PLAYER, the guys Son that I got it from did that. Nothing I can do about it right now, however I am on the lookout for an original Blaupunkt Radio for it, will use a hideaway CD Changer later...

Also..
This might be a good 1st meeting for any other local 914 guys/girls to get together. Do a search for Hallet to get directions, its midway between Tulsa and Stillwater on the toll road. If you are interested in a group meeting lets decide on Sunday or Saturday.

Be sure to post dates and times... Hard for me to get off work on Monday, but my weekends are WIDE Open... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

And to Whom May be interested... This Saturday (16th) there is a Car Show in PORUM, OK. (Porum Outlaw Days) Going to be a nice show, burnout contest, prizes..etc...etc... Everyone is Welcome to come. Exit 278 @ Warner on I-40, South 7 Miles... you'll run right itno it.... I'll be showing my 'teener... My employer is Sponsoring my entry, so I'll have ZTV Decals plastered all over her, might look cool... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Sep 14 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(keebler117 @ Sep 14 2006, 04:49 PM) *

however I am on the lookout for an original Blaupunkt Radio for it, will use a hideaway CD Changer later...

Be sure to post dates and times... Hard for me to get off work on Monday, but my weekends are WIDE Open...

Shawn,
Three items...

1. I have that original Blaupunkt you are looking for. Not sure if it works but if you just want it so the dash looks original, I'm your hook up. The radio and the surround are sitting in my back room right now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

2. From Brants advice it looks like we will make the meeting on the Sunday the 8th of October. We can pick a spot to meet in Tulsa and all drive out together if you like. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

3. I also have a years jump start on you for searching the web. I have a crap load of 914 photos and items of interest along with a file of favorite web sites that I would be happy to burn to CD if your are interested. However, by far, this site has THE MOST knowledge and information anywhere on the web. Good people always happy to help out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

Ok, on more item.... DAMN THAT TEENER LOOKS CLEAN! GREAT SCORE!
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mrdezyne  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 01:52 PM