Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How do we beat TomP at Parade 07 ?
Brad Roberts
post Oct 6 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

I like Tom. Great guy. Got to spend time with him while I lived in NorCal.. but it doesnt mean I'm going to lay down for him at an AutoX..LOL

I have the chassis and the LSD gearbox. I dont even have to drive (I'll put a SCCA National Champ in the seat if need be)

What kind of HP/TQ will it take to beat him. I'm figuring the course is going to be VERY fast since it is being held here in SD.

Thoughts on this?

This will probably be my last "hurrah" with owning a 914 race car.

The car is GUTTED. No windshield.. very little to NO steel in it. Goodyear R430's on 7's+8's. Full cage. It will end up with alum floor pans with small tubes. Shifter/seat/steering wheel. 3 gallon tank.

B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
grantsfo
post Oct 8 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #2

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

Put a 200 HP T4 in Andrew B's Smurf car. He is capable of beating Tom.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Oct 8 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #3

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 8 2006, 08:49 AM) *

Put a 200 HP T4 in Andrew B's Smurf car. He is capable of beating Tom.

I assume you've found this stuff ain't as easy as it seems.
A car being "capable" and actually doing it are two different things.

Robby:
I remember being 2nd fastest 914 at the Shriners event. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Steve kilt me.
That course was not a high speed course. The turns at this last Parade were faster than the longest straight at Mather.....top end of 3rd gear at the Parade.
Comparing the 2, Mather was tight. Not to denigrate Steve's efforts there, but he was way off Tom's pace. A 59 to a 54 IIRC. Steve made up for it by blowing us all into the weeds at the "After Parade AX".....a tight course....ORPCA style....short on cones but tricky. You'da liked it.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Oct 8 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #4

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 8 2006, 10:07 AM) *

I assume you've found this stuff ain't as easy as it seems.
A car being "capable" and actually doing it are two different things.

Actually I find it easier than it seems most of the time. I'm always overwhelmed when I see all those cones. When I get out and start driving I somehow put everything together.

Andrew B has actually beaten Tom P' times on actual AX courses in Nor Cal. The Parade event was more like a short road course! So 200 HP would likely even playing field for posuer cross on a road course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But come on JP, AX rates up there with amature bowling if you take it too seriously. Why anyone would want to build a PCA Parade winning car is sort of pointless to me. Yeah you can do it, but why?
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Oct 8 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 8 2006, 07:12 PM) *

Actually I find it easier than it seems most of the time. I'm always overwhelmed when I see all those cones. When I get out and start driving I somehow put everything together.

Andrew B has actually beaten Tom P' times on actual AX courses in Nor Cal. The Parade event was more like a short road course! So 200 HP would likely even playing field for posuer cross on a road course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But come on JP, AX rates up there with amature bowling if you take it too seriously. Why anyone would want to build a PCA Parade winning car is sort of pointless to me. Yeah you can do it, but why?

Look at the first 3 runs. IIRC, Provasi had everybody by 2 sec.

As for finding it easy. It is....right till ya get up into the top end of the field. If you can get within .5 sec of Andrew or Steve, then come back & tell me how easy it is.
Then go to a National Tour event & do it in 3 runs.

Serious? The guy that bought the Wayne Baker car ...Mistak(sp?)... laid out a Parade course on his own dime ...SD Parade I think, set up his trans for a top speed of over 130 mph and appropioate gears below and still didn't win. He took out the 4 & dropped in a 3.6L. I think that is what John is talking about.

Top tier SCCA guys are as serious as a heart attack.... that's why they are top tier. Top line Pro Solo make gud money at it.

Why?....why not?....you got sumthin' better to do? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Oct 8 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #6

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

Top line Pro Solo make gud money at it.

really? last time i looked, it seemed that at best they would break even on their travel costs and get a set of tires.
+Quote Post
jhadler
post Oct 8 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #7

Long term tinkerer...

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Oct 8 2006, 07:42 PM) *

Top line Pro Solo make gud money at it.

really? last time i looked, it seemed that at best they would break even on their travel costs and get a set of tires.

Most folks can do okay if they win here and there. A few though, can do very well on the Solo Tour. Go back a number of years, and look at Mark Daddio... He more than paid for the car he won with, in one year....

And now look at the winnings he got from the Revitup tour...

No, not everyone can clean up like that, but it _can_ happen.

-Josh2
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jhadler  
  Oct 11 2006, 04:24 PM
Brad Roberts   I know. We run against him here in SD (DUH!) H...   Oct 11 2006, 04:52 PM
jhadler   Brad, what's with the 'tude about Spec Mia...   Oct 11 2006, 05:09 PM
Brad Roberts   I'm over 6'1 and 200#'s. Every person ...   Oct 11 2006, 05:16 PM
grantsfo   I bet Spec Solstice will be here in a couple years...   Oct 11 2006, 06:01 PM
URY914   I've seen a safety film of a welding bottle mo...   Oct 12 2006, 11:08 AM
jhadler   Regarding NO2 bottles and SCCA events... Having b...   Oct 12 2006, 12:33 PM
URY914   See, I told you... :D   Oct 12 2006, 12:43 PM
URY914   Alrighty than...what about this belly pan, Brad? ...   Oct 12 2006, 12:44 PM
914forme  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:46 AM