Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bill in his Boxster, trackside video clips from Sears 11-12-06
Trekkor
post Nov 14 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #1

I do things...

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

I have some short clips out of turn 10 from Sunday.

1st one:

Good car, Bill.

KT
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Brad Roberts
post Nov 14 2006, 06:40 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Excellent!

Bill,

tell us what was going on here? Did you really have to brake that early into 11 or was it because of the 911? Was passing allowed in 11?

Great exit with the 911 pass! DONT be afraid to drive on the paint in 11. Others have said this here in the Paddock.

Exiting 10 was it not worth the extra few feet to track out closer to the exit birm? or is the car just not going fast enough to warrant the extra track out space?

B
+Quote Post
nine14cats
post Nov 14 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #3

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 14 2006, 04:40 PM) *

Excellent!

Bill,

tell us what was going on here? Did you really have to brake that early into 11 or was it because of the 911? Was passing allowed in 11?

Great exit with the 911 pass! DONT be afraid to drive on the paint in 11. Others have said this here in the Paddock.

Exiting 10 was it not worth the extra few feet to track out closer to the exit birm? or is the car just not going fast enough to warrant the extra track out space?

B

Ah...two words...."I suck!".... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I made a conscious decision to drive at 6/10th's all day long. As mentioned earlier I just flew in two days before from Europe and I worked on the car the night before placing in the GPS unit, changing oil, etc. Ripping it up was not in the game plan. A nice slow dance with Lucille, but at arms length. No ass grabbing....

No, I didn't have to brake early in 11. I could have closed the gap considerably as the 911 in front of me was not as quick as me. But he was a good, courteous driver throughout the day. His car was solid and so was he. There is no passing in 11 and since he always took the inside line with his car and I could pull him in the straights, I stayed off his ass (no drama) and just carried a little more momentum than him in 11, showed him the car in his mirror and he waived me by.

Randal was pushing me to take that very inside line on the paint. But I had a tough day looking out ahead. I was trying to concentrate on getting comfy with the car. Next time I will go inside in 11.

As far as not tracking out to the berm in 10, I am playing with the gradual "bring speed up" technique. I could get to 102MPH approaching 10 according to my data logger, but I was braking very conservatively on the rumble strip before 10 and consequently didn't need any additional room for the turn in and subsequent exit. Actual entry speed into the apex of 10 is 87MPH and exit is 90MPH according to the log.

I know that if I easily pull the car into the middle of the track I have plenty of speed in the turn to find. I already knew that since I was taking it easy, but I learn in my own way and I make myself comfortable before I dial it up another notch.

Thanks to Trekkor we can see that at 90MPH through the exit of 10 the Speq Boxster is relatively flat. Suspension is working and the car looks stable. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Bill P.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 02:04 AM