Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> drop and swap engine help, pllleeease
sk8kat1
post Jan 31 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,937

ok guys I am swaping the engine in my teener .. but I need help doing the drop and swap . anyone in the rockford- ish area available for help I will feed and get beer if you want it ... and it may even be a heated enviorment !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

seriously I will comp you anyway I can ..

mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
aircooledboy
post Feb 1 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #2

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Jan 31 2007, 02:29 PM) *

ok guys I am swaping the engine in my teener .. but I need help doing the drop and swap . anyone in the rockford- ish area available for help I will feed and get beer if you want it ... and it may even be a heated enviorment !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

mike

I'm in Mark. When are you thinking?
+Quote Post
sk8kat1
post Feb 1 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Feb 1 2007, 09:19 AM) *

mike

thats great chris!, thanks!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) I wasn't sure how loaded up w/ cases you were ... really it is up to you .. I have to drop the engine in one sitting .. and replace the trailing arm,seemed to be easier w/o the engine in place ... then I will be driving it to peoria to swap w/ brad then bring it back . I assume that would be an entire weekend worth of fun . then I imagined A different weekend to reinstall . I bought new clutch and accl cable , belt , plugs , ground straps, vac lines .. all the stuff that is maint that will be easier out of the car . I basicly just need to set the dwell and timing once teh engine is in . so you are helping me out so yo tell me what you think and I will work around that .

but the main thing I need help with is the drop and reinstall .. anything more than that is cake !!
+Quote Post
sk8kat1
post Feb 1 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Feb 1 2007, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Feb 1 2007, 09:19 AM) *

mike

thats great chris!, thanks!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) I wasn't sure how loaded up w/ cases you were ... really it is up to you .. I have to drop the engine in one sitting .. and replace the trailing arm,seemed to be easier w/o the engine in place ... then I will be driving it to peoria to swap w/ brad then bring it back . I assume that would be an entire weekend worth of fun . then I imagined A different weekend to reinstall . I bought new clutch and accl cable , belt , plugs , ground straps, vac lines .. all the stuff that is maint that will be easier out of the car . I basicly just need to set the dwell and timing once teh engine is in . so you are helping me out so yo tell me what you think and I will work around that .

but needs to be fairly soon because I have to be out of my house sooner rather than later at this point because of the soon to be ex- witch ... wife (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 11:58 AM