Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> how much are boxster's going for?
bd1308
post Mar 1 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #1

Sir Post-a-lot

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,501

how much is a drivable boxster going for these days?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
IronHillRestorations
post Mar 1 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #2

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

I love my '00 non S with Tip. I call the Boxster the new 914. Call it whatever you want, I don't care, but as a 914'er since '78 (a time when many 986 critics here were still requiring undergarment changes by a 3rd party (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ), I feel I may have a resonably qualified perspective. After all a 914 was my only car from '78 to '90.

The Boxster has great handling, great heat & air (including great defrosters in damp weather), not as much trunk space as a '14 but still better than a tail dragger, eats rear tires though (10-12k miles is all I can get). The more I live with the Boxster the more 914'ish it seems. Yes it may not hold value as well as an aircooled Porsche, but that's only if you plan to sell. Which by the way Britt you can have mine for $25k, with a tick over 30k miles, new rear tires, sport package, 17's, always garaged, and lots of other goodies. Yes, I know it's more than the going rate, but I really don't want to sell!

The answer to your question is that you can probably find a decent Boxster for a fair price right now. I wouldn't get anything less than a 2000 though, and of course get the newest, lowest mileage car you can afford. If I can ever make it to a Bluegrass event you are welcome to take mine for a drive.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 08:36 AM