Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How do you remove the headlight motors?, NEED MORE HELP WITH RELAY HOLDER>>>
kconway
post May 9 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,231
Region Association: Southern California

How does the motor and mechanism for the headlights come off? Don't want to tear the rubber cover over the mechanism...
Attached Image

Whats this? It doesn't look stock and its spliced into the harness at the headlight.
Attached Image

Lastly, whats this little bracket for? Is it stock?
Attached Image

Thanks,
Kev (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
hwgunner
post May 9 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #2

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,095
Region Association: None

(What Aaron said only with more words)You need to take the boot off at the round part (toward the windshield). Under there are 3 allan head bolts I beleive. You should be able to get to 2 of them without any problem but for the last one the arm will be in the way so you will have to turn the black knob on the top of the motor to get the arm to move out of the way. That arm also comes off by removing a small "C" clip and will need to be removed to actually get the motor out. You also need to push the relay socket out of its little hole. I generally put a little lube on there to make things slide easier. Put some lube on the rubber cover also to make things easier.

As for the second pic I have no idea what that is and the third pic I do not think that is stock but what year is the car and what motor.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:30 AM