Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 4 Bolt Wheel Spacers, I hate the look of my front track width
tracks914
post May 10 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #1

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

I would like to put 4 bolt spacers in the front of my DD. Has anyone seen them for sale? I'm thinking 1" would bring the wheels out enough to make it look better.
What do you think?
Tx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JPB
post May 12 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #2

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,107

Spacers and such is okay but getting rims that just fit is the way to go. Cheap wheels, cheap tires, and wide stance.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DanT
post May 12 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #3

Going back to the Dark Side!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,880
Region Association: None

QUOTE(JPB @ May 12 2007, 07:09 AM) *

Spacers and such is okay but getting rims that just fit is the way to go. Cheap wheels, cheap tires, and wide stance.

VW offset. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
like just about every aftermarket wheel that was available for these cars when they were new.
Since it was the same bolt pattern, everyone thought you could just swap them out.
VW offset with 205s usually means a rub in the rear.

It appears from his avatar that he is running factory stock wheels with the proper offset. And his original querry was about moving the wheels out towards the fenders in the front to fill out the wheel wells and to more closely match the track of the rear wheels.
the front track is ~1" narrower than the rear. That is why everyone has clearance problems in the rear but rarely if ever in the front.
My 3/4" spacers in the front matched with Fuchs and 205 DOT Rs with no clearance issues at all. In the rear I run 1/2" spacers due to lots of negative camber and rubbing issues on the inner fender well at the top. Yes my rear fenders have rolled lips and are slightly pulled.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 05:31 AM