Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Help....1st concours, How to clean top, wheels, chrome, etc......
pin31
post May 12 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,492
Region Association: North East States

What do you recommend:
targa top: I washed my top ...... now what should I do......?
tires: new and clean, should I use a tire care product, how shinny?
bumpers: what type of chrome product?
Rubber seals: I have a can of Wurth stuff ....tips??
dash top: mild dish soap & water....than what?

ANY tips and suggestions greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Pat Garvey
post May 12 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #2

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

First, know what you're getting into. Is it a friendly event - i.e. - wash & shine? Or, is it a hardcore event - topside & bottom judged? Not sure - don't be scared off yet. Most Regional PCA events are "friendly". Most PCA Zone & National events are NOT - show at these events only if you're prepared to win. Not likely that you'll get judging sheets in advance, unless it's PCA National. Multi-marque event? Trust me, the judges at these events know little about 914's - STAY WITH YOUR CAR WHEN IT'S JUDGED. Question them about every deduct.

Second - no matter the event, go in with the intent to win. Yet, you won't believe how much fun you have jawbonning with the people next to you. So, even though you want to win, learn from the others - you won't believe the tips you get!

Third, and apologetically to "the Bliz", don't use any other event judging forms as anything other than a very basic guideline (other than PCA National forms). Every region has it's own concours guru & he/she designs judging forms to suit his/her needs. I appreciate that they have to do that, because I've been there way too many times. if you're serious about concours, use PCA National judging form (available online) for overkill. They ARE serious. They CAN be overboard. But guess what - you win if you use them seriously. Why? Because your 914 will be the best prep'd.

I know the roadcourse guys will disagree with me, but concours is similar, but less expensive. You have to pay attention to details - different ones of course) Want to win concours? Make it as original as possible (Oh, did I mention clean?). And, don't forget even the slightest detail. Overkill is acceptable. Astound the competition.

Good luck & let us know how it came out!

Any questions, not matter how minute, ask them.
Pat
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 12:46 PM