Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> TrackVision gauge overlay, more toys for the in-car vid setup
nine14cats
post May 16 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

I've been playing with the TrackVision software that came with my Traqmate data acquisition unit that I installed in Lucille. You sync your data from the logger to the TrackVision software and you get gauges for things like RPM, speed, track position, etc. that is displayed on the video.

Take a look. Sorry about the size of the vid ~32MB, I haven't mastered the video compression yet.

TrackVision at Thunderhill

Thanks,

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
drew365
post May 16 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #2

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

Bill; I couldn't get the link to work. I'd like to see the video. As per usual I'm a couple steps behind you. I've got the G2X data acq. and have been taking video of all my runs but haven't done much with either. I just got a new lap top yesterday so I can review video in the evening. I'd like to sync the G2X data and video at some point and I'm told the Track Vision software will work with the G2X data. How many hours do you have in your day? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
nine14cats
post May 16 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #3

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

QUOTE(drew365 @ May 16 2007, 09:18 AM) *

Bill; I couldn't get the link to work. I'd like to see the video. As per usual I'm a couple steps behind you. I've got the G2X data acq. and have been taking video of all my runs but haven't done much with either. I just got a new lap top yesterday so I can review video in the evening. I'd like to sync the G2X data and video at some point and I'm told the Track Vision software will work with the G2X data. How many hours do you have in your day? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Hi Andy,

I've had issues with this video not working on a few people's machines, including my work computer. It appears that the vid is fine with XP, but is hit or miss with 2000. The two changes I made in producing the video was having the raw file in MPEG-2 versus MPEG-1 (TrackVision seems to like MPEG-1 better) and then using the TrackVision software to produce the final compressed version. The end file is much larger than what I was doing on my other video software.

Let me know if your home and/or biz can receive 32MB files. I can e-mail it to you if you can't get it to download. I'm also trying to figure out how to produce smaller file sizes with decent resolution.

Thanks,

Bill P.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 01:14 PM