Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Race Seat for Hans Device?
SandyI
post Jun 28 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,322

So after I got my car over 120 at Cal Speedway, I started to think it was time for a Hans. Looking for suggestions on race seats that work well in a 914 and don't interfere with a Hans. Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
drgchapman
post Jun 29 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #2

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I had that same epiphany last year just prior spending the weekend at Infineon.
The Hans device requires the two shoulder belts to hold it in place. The belts must flank your neck very closely. So the seat must have shoulder belt holes close together. You also need the 5th belt between your legs to anchor down the belts tight over your shoulders and the Hans, so a 5 point harness is minimum.
I am using a Kirkey seat, very light, strong, and easy to mount on the stock seat sliders. Mine is the 20 degree seat back which is recommended for road racing a sedan type car. This allows for some front-back adjustment of the seat as well.
Get the Hans device, you'll feel smarter and look cool. Might even save your life if you hit the wall...........
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:21 PM