Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: I am looking to buy a 911, PPI wanted in trabuco canyon
will
post Jul 4 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #1

licensed to kill

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,276

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=468906

As stated. Any comment on this model year and price?
thanks,
will
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
burton73
post Jul 4 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #2

burton73

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

I have hade a bag of M&M of 911 of colors. My 1978 -911SC in 1981 was the red /cork like Ulrichs. The truth is if Otto’s can do a complete CK up on it and gives you a clean bill of health and you put a back fire valve on the CIS box (I forgot to mention this) you should be good to go. If he says no than it is no. You must hear him. $10,000. Is not bad at all if the car is a good one and does not give you problems. Ottos can only CK so much, past that there is some element of luck, but he will see a bad one for sure.

My 1st. Porsche I bought was a 73 T Very nice super clean car but it had just a few very (6) dots of rust at the bottom of the doors. I was young and the man looking the car over said to stay away from the car because it was from NY. He was a wrench from NY. It all CKed out fine on the tests and it ran great. I bought it. 5,000 miles it got a rod nock. No reason. The point I am making is things can happen even if compression tests are good. The wrench said I told you so. No one can predict a rod nock coming in 5,000 miles. The fuel pump went out also.

At 24 a bought a $9,500 car and then I had to rebuild the engine 5,000 miles later. My world was turned upside-down. This was 30 years ago and my parts and machine work was around $4,000. As a turned the T into an S. I build the Engine myself. I was strapped to buy the car. Then the $4,000.

Parts are very expensive. I just had my Carrera Serviced. Needed to change the A/C to the new Freon type/ change the oil/ trans fluid/ brake fluid/ filters/ had a leak in the front a/c cooler $1,300.

This 86 Carrera 67,000 miles. I paid $18,500. Needed to do $3,000 in work to primo it out. Carpet/ Faded, top replace, Stereo, Refinish wheels, Dented Valance, 930s Steering wheel.

Bob

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 06:33 AM