Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ?Original miles?
slim72914
post Jul 7 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,874

I bought the car and the guy says it has been sitting since 86. Says it was in his family for " a long time" before that. He also said that the odometer is original miles. anyway to tell if it has been rolled over??

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
sww914
post Jul 7 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,146
Region Association: None

One other thing. Does the seller seem like he's full of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) ?
Has he told you several things that seem a little weird or too good to be true?
Have you had to suspend your disbelief as many times as you do at a Bruce Willis action movie?

I bought a $300.00 Volvo from a guy once who lied like crazy out of one side of his mouth while preaching religion out of the other. According to him, he had just replaced almost everything on the car. I had already paid him and I was starting to drive away as he was telling me that he had just replaced the radiator. As I was inspecting the car I had noticed that it was an old, old, OEM Volvo radiator with most of the fins coming loose from the tubes.
I don't get it. The deal was done, I knew exactly what I was getting, I was leaving, and he was still lying to me.
But, that was the most reliable car that I'd ever had until I started buying brand new cars. I drove it for 4 years and sold it for more that I bought it for when it was almost dead.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 08:44 AM