Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rennshift
kojo2001
post Aug 9 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,832

I am sure this has been discussed before but what is your opinon or experience with this upgrade?????

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Chris Pincetich
post Aug 10 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #2

B-)

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,907
Region Association: Northern California

I realized last winter that my 914 was evolving into a weekend AX fun car, and bought a Rennshift before James raised the price $35. The 2-3 plane is soooo solid, and since most AX races are 2nd and 3rd gear for 90% of the course, it has helped immensely. Super confident 3->2 downshifts and 4->3 downshifts and never grind reverse on the 1->2 upshift. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
If you're primary cruisin, it might be overkill, but if you like pushing things a bit, it will almost eliminate embarassing (and costly) missed shifts. The bushing comment is right on, gotta have the entire system solid for the Rennshift to work its magic.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 05:51 AM