Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> looking for a picture of an engine bay heater set up, installing heat and the haynes manual sucks
pba110
post Aug 9 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,921

anybody got some engine bay pics laying around?
i've got all these heating parts and i think i know where they go...but the haynes manual is less than desirable in it's description of its installation. i'm confused about the mounting of the blower motor...which hoses go where etc
thanks in advance!
pete
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Dave_Darling
post Aug 10 2007, 10:55 AM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

First pic: Those complex three-way things bolt onto the bottom of the fan shroud, the front of the heat exchangers, and the thirt part sticks up through the hole in the engine tin. The slightly bent pipe bolts onto the other front opening of the heat exchanger, and the "flapper box" clamps onto the front of it. (There should be two of those bent pipes, and two flapper boxes. I only see the one pipe and no flapper boxes.)

Second pic: The sheet-metal piece looks to be the one from a tail-shift car. It goes under the engine on the left side, bolting to the crankcase sump and the heat exchanger. The two paper hoses go from the flapper boxes to the holes in the body at the lower corners of the engine bay. The blower looks to be the 73-74 type, so it should get hose-clamped onto a stand welded onto the left-side engine shelf below the relay board. The single hose there goes from the heater blower outlet to the tube (the third pipe from the three-part things in the first pic) that sticks up through the engine tin. The right-side one would be capped off.

I posted pics on how much of this fits together on the Bird board. Do a search on the 914 boar there for "flapper box" and you should find them.

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 01:21 PM