Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 3D CAD of Type IV engine or 901 Tranny, Anybody know where I can get one?
root
post Oct 2 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #1

Two Wheeled Type4 Completed!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,026
Region Association: None

I started drawing a 3D CAD image of the type 4 engine but it's a big effort to get the locations of threads, etc.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Anybody know if there's a 3D file (fairly accurate) out there somewhere? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

My avatar is the crude start I have drawn so far! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
alpha434
post Oct 2 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #2

My member number is no coincidence.

Member No.: 5,280
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Find a local machine shop with a CMM. Use it to revere engineer key pieces. You can even make a drawing based on the data it collects right away.

Should cost 80 bucks/hour.
+Quote Post
root
post Oct 2 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #3

Two Wheeled Type4 Completed!

Member No.: 2,026
Region Association: None

QUOTE(alpha434 @ Oct 2 2007, 07:30 PM) *

Find a local machine shop with a CMM. Use it to revere engineer key pieces. You can even make a drawing based on the data it collects right away.

Should cost 80 bucks/hour.

I was kinda looking for a 'low-cost' answer. I'm building a motorcycle using the type 4 engine and 901 tranny and want to visualize and scale the project before the fun begins. There's some obviously questionable aspects to it! My budget is tiny so I'm seriously restricted on using state-o-art high tech $$$ technology. I have a friend who has access to a 2D coordinate measuring system but not 3D. I'll just keep on working it the old school way 'till something cheaper comes along! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 07:33 AM