Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> More OT, Indianapolis?
DerekKim
post Dec 5 2007, 01:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,635

I may be moving to Indianapolis. It would be in about February or so. I was just wondering if anyone was in or around the area that knows anything about what there is to do there. Let me know. Oh and I don't drink or go to clubs so that would nix those activities.

What is their music scene like?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DerekKim
post Dec 6 2007, 01:48 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,635

Haha I guess I'm feeding you guys a little bit of information at a time.

I'm not sure exactly where I'm moving to yet. I know my aunt and uncle have a house. I'm actually moving up there to save money for a mission for my church when I turn 19, a year from February. I graduated high school about 2 years ago but this would be my senior year. I have about three semesters of community college in and I'm thinking the out of state tuition is going to be too freakin' much so I'll probably just work. I'm trying to get a job at Ryder refueling trucks. It's like 12 bucks an hour and 40 hours a week.

I am definitely excited for this change of pace. no offense to the southerners but MS moves a little too slow for me. I play the guitar so I am quite fascinated by the music scene. Ours is lacking down here. Most live music spots here require you to be 21+ so it's quite a drag.

I'd love to help work on a teener. I'm not much help as Joe Ricard can speak up for me but I do enjoy learning about working on cars and can do basics.

I love doing ride-a-longs but I won't be AXing for a while unless I pick up a cheap shifter kart. I'll be driving a 2WD 04 Colorado extended cab. I sort of slid my moms Element sideways into a pole on a wet road a few months back... yeah real time AWD is a pain. Not predictable like RWD... Anyways my insurance is about 375 a month... It sucks but I have to pay it and I don't want to risk anything so I drive like a granny mostly now haha.

I'm really interested in a "dating scene" as there isn't much down here... or they want to stay down here forever... no thanks haha. I'm glad that there are things to do for dates up there because we have to get pretty creative to stay away from the dreaded movie dates.

I'm not too big on water sports unless it's skimboarding or surfing. I tried to wakeboard once and couldn't get up... I'm sure once I did it wouldn't be so bad.

Just reading about all the stuff to do in Indiana is getting me excited to move up there.

How far from Memphis is it? I planned to make a trip up there in January. I have friends in Memphis so I was going to stop on the way.

Thanks guys for all this information.

Do the Indy teener guys have get togethers or drives at all?
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Dec 6 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #3

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814
Region Association: None

QUOTE(DerekKim @ Dec 6 2007, 02:48 AM) *

Do the Indy teener guys have get togethers or drives at all?

There aren't that many of us, and this thread has brought out a few that I've never seen on the board before. "Pnambic" is the only one whom I've met in person. "Seanery" doesn't seem to stick his head in here anymore.

We used to have the Fall Foilage Classic based in the Columbus/Nashville area, about one hour south of Indy. However this year everyones' schedules didn't permit organization. Garold has hosted a few BBQs at his place up north, and he is a big A/Xer too (never can have too many cone-catchers).

I'm quite active with the local PCA when it comes to driving events. You can check out our calendar at CIRPCA.ORG. As I mentioned before, just about everyone I've met there is teener-friendly.

I'll be organizing a BBQ/engine install party for next spring (late april to may), so that may serve as an opportunity for Indy area ppl to gather...
+Quote Post
greybeard50
post Dec 6 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,909

[/quote]
I'll be organizing a BBQ/engine install party for next spring (late april to may), so that may serve as an opportunity for Indy area ppl to gather...
[/quote]
Count me in on the Install party...
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DerekKim   More OT   Dec 5 2007, 01:30 AM
Elliot Cannon   They have a really big race there around May somet...   Dec 5 2007, 02:08 AM
indydad   An early welcome to INDY Derek. We have a great do...   Dec 5 2007, 05:35 AM
Thomas J Bliznik   An early welcome to INDY Derek. We have a great d...   Dec 5 2007, 06:34 AM
yenningComity   I am about 30 mins north of indy but I commute 5 d...   Dec 5 2007, 07:14 AM
mudfoot76   Indianapolis has a decent music scene. Check out N...   Dec 5 2007, 08:16 AM
rdauenhauer   They have a really big race there around May some...   Dec 5 2007, 09:38 AM
Pnambic   Derek, my man! Have I got a deal for you...   Dec 5 2007, 10:53 AM
indydad   We are going to get tickets for MotoGP in grandst...   Dec 5 2007, 10:54 AM
DerekKim   Oh wow a lot of response! This is definitely...   Dec 5 2007, 01:37 PM
Pnambic   Pnambic- You mentioned the monon trail. Are there...   Dec 5 2007, 02:46 PM
greybeard50   The Broadripple area (Northcentral Indy ~62nd St. ...   Dec 5 2007, 02:56 PM
rigglet   I don't have much to add as far as what to do ...   Dec 5 2007, 05:04 PM
yenningComity   Just to warn you broad ripple is a bit more for th...   Dec 5 2007, 07:39 PM
DerekKim   Haha I guess I'm feeding you guys a little bit...   Dec 6 2007, 01:48 AM
greybeard50   Haha I guess I'm feeding you guys a little bi...   Dec 6 2007, 09:43 AM
mudfoot76   Do the Indy teener guys have get togethers or dri...   Dec 6 2007, 11:33 AM
greybeard50   I'll be organizing a BBQ/engine install party...   Dec 6 2007, 12:04 PM
krazykonrad   The museum at the Speedway is a must GT40s, Gullwi...   Dec 6 2007, 10:52 AM
Bartlett 914   I grew up in Indy. Moved to the Chicago region in ...   Dec 6 2007, 03:03 PM
DerekKim   Yeah it's been an experience for sure. I don...   Dec 6 2007, 10:53 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 12:55 PM