Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Grarage Floor options, Got the oil leaks fixed!
porschecb
post Dec 7 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,529
Region Association: None

Got to get rid of the oil soaked carpets! Looking at COSTO.COM interlocking floor panels $2.06 per square! Your thoughts?

Michael (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
John
post Dec 8 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #2

member? what's a member?

Member No.: 1,615
Region Association: None

Those all look nice for a car storage garage, I have a hard time believing that ANY of those would survive in my garages. With the welding, plasma cutting, grinding, cutting sparks, they would be bad looking in no time.

I don't think the coating or plastic tile exist that would stand up to molten steel or tiny fireballs as they drop on the floor. Most factories that I visit that do heavy welding/fabrication of any sort leave bare concrete or use a simple sealer that is re-applied every so often.

I mainly try to keep any vehicle parked in my garages leak free. Then I don't have to worry about the oil stains that don't want to come out. When there is a spill, it is cleaned up right away.

If you are trying for something durable to park cars on and do light work, I would recommend a heavy duty (multi-layer epoxy based) coating that is professionally applied. This way you have some sort of warranty against a lifting/peeling problem.

Good luck.
+Quote Post
chris914
post Dec 8 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,393
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(John @ Dec 8 2007, 11:11 AM) *

Those all look nice for a car storage garage, I have a hard time believing that ANY of those would survive in my garages. With the welding, plasma cutting, grinding, cutting sparks, they would be bad looking in no time.

I don't think the coating or plastic tile exist that would stand up to molten steel or tiny fireballs as they drop on the floor. Most factories that I visit that do heavy welding/fabrication of any sort leave bare concrete or use a simple sealer that is re-applied every so often.
I agree.

I mainly try to keep any vehicle parked in my garages leak free. Then I don't have to worry about the oil stains that don't want to come out. When there is a spill, it is cleaned up right away.

If you are trying for something durable to park cars on and do light work, I would recommend a heavy duty (multi-layer epoxy based) coating that is professionally applied. This way you have some sort of warranty against a lifting/peeling problem.

Good luck.

I spent months looking at different floors and their costs.

Every floor coating that I have seen put on a concert floor has peeled, except for a new concert just laid down. Concert is very porous. My floor was 35 years old, with oil stains and such, so I opted for the tiles.

If I had a new concert floor I would just put a really good sealer on it and forget about it.

Don’t forget epoxy is a plastic it will burn and melt.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 09:39 AM