Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> MPS bolt down/securing, Pics?
Hammy
post Dec 20 2007, 02:19 AM
Post #1

mr. Wonderful

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,978
Region Association: Northern California

I have my MPS bolted down in the stock location with the rubber grommets. But it doesn't seem very secure.

How secured down should it be? It doesn't feel as sturdy as it should I think... Also, anyone have pics of what a stock MPS setup location looks like?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Cap'n Krusty
post Dec 20 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #2

Cap'n Krusty

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

There are 3 bolts with washers, 3 grommets, and 3 sleeves inside the grommets. You can install 2 of the bolt/grommet assemblies (the flange of the sleeve goes toward the body) on the car, slide the bracket and sensor into them (there are 2 "U" shaped slots on one side of the bracket, and the 3rd one points in the opposite direction), and secure the 3rd bolt through the grommet which you've conveniently left in the bracket. I believe there's one 6mm machine screw and 2 sheet metal screws, all with 20-25mm flat washers. The Cap'n
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 02:50 PM