Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Where and when, or "the way we were", or...., something from the 914 archives
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Nov 15 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

Those in the picture can comment, but since they were "there", they can't participate in the "when and where" answer, (unless there is proof of memory loss; are you paying attention, Pat Garvey?)

And to keep it within 914 World parameters, any photo that you choose to post should have a 914 somewhere in the pic. Also, there should be some kinda hint where the event might have taken place, a geographic landmark, skyline, historic venue, or perhaps just the scope of the picture might hint at where and when. A picture of a flock of 914s on some indescript parking lot isn't what we're looking for here, unless they're gridded with with some 917s and RSKs with the Chicago skyline off in the distance.

First pic....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mrgreenjeans
post Jan 20 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #2

mrgreenjeans

Member No.: 7,520
Region Association: Northstar Region

Pat, have you tried SunBugs in Dade City , Fl. on that part you need ? They have some 914 stuff down there as well as all the VW parts they are known for. Quite the field of dreams for Car enthusiasts.....they used to make fibreglass bodies there and sold them thru R and T, Car and Driver, etc.

We hope the effort to find an early rain tray pays off. Saw the wanted ad in Pano ---the one with the Parade Info for Charlotte. We are making plans to be there this year, but with one of the 44's. Hopefully the newest one we are in the process of building up to run in DE events.

But first, its off this Wed. to head south to the Rolex 24 in Daytona. We go each year , and have for the past 4 or 5, and will plan to do more in the future, as its the perfect time to get away from the frostier edges of Society. Not even Porsche spirit can keep a guy warm when its minus 20 in the morning.

Daytona to the rescue. We hope Porsche is victorious in their endeavors !
And we look forward to seeing you the end of June in the Southeast !
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jan 22 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #3

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(mrgreenjeans @ Jan 20 2008, 10:44 PM) *

Pat, have you tried SunBugs in Dade City , Fl. on that part you need ? They have some 914 stuff down there as well as all the VW parts they are known for. Quite the field of dreams for Car enthusiasts.....they used to make fibreglass bodies there and sold them thru R and T, Car and Driver, etc.

We hope the effort to find an early rain tray pays off. Saw the wanted ad in Pano ---the one with the Parade Info for Charlotte. We are making plans to be there this year, but with one of the 44's. Hopefully the newest one we are in the process of building up to run in DE events.

But first, its off this Wed. to head south to the Rolex 24 in Daytona. We go each year , and have for the past 4 or 5, and will plan to do more in the future, as its the perfect time to get away from the frostier edges of Society. Not even Porsche spirit can keep a guy warm when its minus 20 in the morning.

Whew! Man, that's a long trek for a race. Can't blame you for wanting to get away from the cold though. It's not minus 20 here, but in the upper teens. Cold enough that I can't get my ancient hands to work in the garage. But, we're planning on Charlotte & have a huga amount of work to do.
Pat
+Quote Post
mrgreenjeans
post Jan 22 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #4

mrgreenjeans

Member No.: 7,520
Region Association: Northstar Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 22 2008, 11:38 PM) *

QUOTE(mrgreenjeans @ Jan 20 2008, 10:44 PM) *

Whew! Man, that's a long trek for a race. Can't blame you for wanting to get away from the cold though. It's not minus 20 here, but in the upper teens. Cold enough that I can't get my ancient hands to work in the garage. But, we're planning on Charlotte & have a huga amount of work to do.
Pat

We are not driving down, but flying. Keep a car there , Boca Raton, an Audi Turbo, so fly into Fort Lauderdale, catch an airport taxi to get the Audi, then head north to Daytona. Will pick up a couple friends, as they are flying into Orlando, ----crazy ticket deals with the airlines----, then over to the track for 3 days. Its a GREAT time.

When the race is over, we are going to spend a couple weeks driving around the southeast, especially the Lighthouses, the Horse farms by Ocala, and the Gulf and Atlantic sides of the big Peninsula. Love to spend time watching the Manatee, and going out into the gulf on fishing boats. Maybe do a little snorkeling.

Have you ever taken in any of the sports car races there, or at Homestead , or Sebring ?

A couple of my heros are going to be doing their part for Porsche......Hurley Haywood. Derek Bell----he says its his last year.

And another favorite.....last years winner----Scott Pruett, this guy's unreal. Remember him from 2o years ago racing Mustangs, and Capris.....Merkur XR4-TI's in Trans Am Racing.

Lots of other greats, like Dario Franchitti, Indy winner last year, and Dan Wheldon, Helio Castroneves....more Indy Champs, will all be duking it out along with a large group of Nascar crossovers.

Penske and his magnificent entourage will be there too, fielding some cars that are partnered with Wayne Taylor. Pontiac R cars.......so , all in all it will be a really good show. Its televised on Speed on Sat. and Sunday- start and finish- so if you do not show up trackside, take a little time out from under that teener, where you could have a jackstand fall on you, and watch a little of the action.

I'll be the dufus waving at the camera, each time I see it swing my way,

So WAVE BACK !!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
1970 Neun vierzehn   Where and when, or "the way we were", or....   Nov 15 2007, 03:34 PM
davep   Looks like a photo from a PCA Parade. Must be a 91...   Nov 15 2007, 04:46 PM
1970 Neun vierzehn   Looks like a photo from a PCA Parade. Must be a 9...   Nov 15 2007, 05:25 PM
Ferg   1978 Aspen Parade???   Nov 15 2007, 05:33 PM
1970 Neun vierzehn   1978 Aspen Parade??? :clap: Very good.....wer...   Nov 15 2007, 05:40 PM
Ferg   I was 3 :lol: But I go to Aspen often. And fro...   Nov 15 2007, 05:55 PM
1970 Neun vierzehn   I was 3 :lol: But I go to Aspen often. And fr...   Nov 15 2007, 06:05 PM
Jeff Bowlsby   I was 3 :lol: But I go to Aspen often. And fr...   Nov 19 2007, 02:16 PM
1970 Neun vierzehn   From the '78 Parade @ Aspen, not necessarily 9...   Nov 15 2007, 06:03 PM
Ferg   Yep, just about to drop into the cork screw. I wa...   Nov 15 2007, 09:06 PM
Racer   1978 Aspen Parade??? :clap: Very good.....we...   Nov 15 2007, 08:42 PM
1970 Neun vierzehn   I was there... I was 7. Our family was PCA Famil...   Nov 15 2007, 10:07 PM
Pat Garvey   I'll take the comment about my memory lapses i...   Nov 15 2007, 09:37 PM
1970 Neun vierzehn   The venue doesn't look familier, the selection...   Nov 15 2007, 10:03 PM
Pat Garvey   The venue doesn't look familier, the selectio...   Nov 16 2007, 06:35 PM
1970 Neun vierzehn   BTW - was this an acceptable post for this thre...   Nov 17 2007, 09:37 AM
Pat Garvey   BTW - was this an acceptable post for this thr...   Nov 17 2007, 08:13 PM
mrgreenjeans   The venue doesn't look familier, the selecti...   Jan 13 2008, 09:24 PM
Pat Garvey   [quote name='Pat Garvey' post='967444' date='Nov ...   Jan 14 2008, 08:58 PM
Racer   I was there... I was 7. Our family was PCA Fami...   Nov 16 2007, 02:38 PM
Pat Garvey   Here's another one from the topic starters ori...   Nov 18 2007, 06:01 PM
1970 Neun vierzehn   To help place the locale of the 914 group shown, I...   Nov 19 2007, 11:07 AM
Pat Garvey   To help place the locale of the 914 group shown, ...   Nov 19 2007, 07:07 PM
ClayPerrine   To help place the locale of the 914 group shown, ...   Dec 3 2007, 01:40 PM
1970 Neun vierzehn   That was Parade in (I think) 86 at DFW airport...   Dec 3 2007, 04:09 PM
Pat Garvey   To help place the locale of the 914 group shown,...   Dec 3 2007, 08:47 PM
mrgreenjeans   Pat, have you tried SunBugs in Dade City , Fl. on ...   Jan 20 2008, 09:44 PM
Pat Garvey   Pat, have you tried SunBugs in Dade City , Fl. on...   Jan 22 2008, 08:38 PM
mrgreenjeans   :trophy: Pat, have you tried SunBugs in Dade Cit...   Jan 22 2008, 09:40 PM
1970 Neun vierzehn   Another pic from the archives....when, where, and ...   Feb 9 2008, 11:24 AM
Pat Garvey   Another pic from the archives....when, where, and...   Feb 9 2008, 12:43 PM
Ferg   I went there as a kid... I can still picture the ...   Feb 9 2008, 08:08 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:37 PM