Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Center console for tall guys, Do you like it or not?
BiG bOgGs
post Feb 17 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #1

The Bogus One

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,829
Region Association: South East States

I have been driving my 914 (with center console) for less than six months, and have gone back and forth about my feelings towards the center console. Sometimes I like it there to use as a leg rest while cruising along. Other times I think it would be nice to have some extra leg room. What do you guys who have tried both situations think.

I am 6'4", so opinions from guys around that height are best for me, but feel free to add comments for others who are shorter or taller.

Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
BiG bOgGs
post Feb 17 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #2

The Bogus One

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,829
Region Association: South East States

Thanks for all of the replies.

Rand, I will give the temporary removal a trial. I have often wondered about moving the gauges to a pillar pod setup. And I may do that even if I keep the console for other customized "upgrades"

stateofidleness, I feel your pain. I have to be very precise with my foot placement when I have my work boots on.

Eliot, I like the general idea of yours. I may just alter the rear of the enclosure to give more foot room, but keep the stock look up front. Maybe add a little padding where I rest my lower leg against the console.

ahdoman, I know what you mean. I am still learning about the 914, but I am interested in finding a way to massage that area of the foot well to get even just an inch or two more of extension.
start

Ian. Shit dude, you are close. Have I met you at any of the Tamps Bay gettogethers?

r_towle, I have bent my shifter to the passenger side a little and installed a D shaped Momo steering wheel and now I can slide easily in and out of the seat.

At 6'4" I am mostly legs, and was worried that without the console there to act as a leg rest (even thought it can start to ache because of a lack of padding) I would get tired of holding my leg up or lifting it every time I had to shift. So for now I will plan on just testing things in different configurations and see what works best...or least worst. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 08:13 PM