Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What is my car?, Is it a 72 or a 73?
Gigamight
post Oct 12 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,454
Region Association: Middle East

Ok, I'm not putting pics in this post because the pics I have are mostly in my build thread linked in my sig. However, I don't have pics for this particular question anyways.

My car has a build date of 07/72, so, I logically assume that it is in fact a 73, right? Well, here's the tough part; the shifter linkage is 72 style tail shift. If the PO were going to replace anything, I would think he would upgrade, not downgrade, so I assume it's stock. And the vent lever in the floor is also 72. The rest of the car, (i.e. dash, wiring etc.) as far as I can tell seems to be all the 73 variety. So far the only parts that stands out are the shift stuff and the vent stuff. So what is the car? Is this normal?

Plus, how in Hades do you get that section of shift linkage out of the tunnel without removing the tunnel? I'm going to replace it with parts from my 74 which has side shifter parts in good shape.

Thanks again in advance guys.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:16 PM