Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tranny issue, Got any ideas?
WRX914
post Oct 30 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #1

2.5 WRX STI hybrid powered beast

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,771
Region Association: Southwest Region

Got my car down getting the new 2.5 sti tuned and the car got "stuck" in 4th gear. I was not there when this happened and naturally got a little pissed. The trans was removed and taken to a local VW trans shop who said the gear got sucked back with no real explanation how. They "fixed" the trans saying there is nothing wrong with it, rather it was a fluke thing that occured. I called the shop and asked them not to drive the vehicle, I would commute up there and drive it for them if needed. He called me this morning and I went up there to do the final street tune. Took off just fine in first (which is truely 2nd, but I have the 1st gear gated off), shifted to second... no problem. Went for third and ... no third! Somehow the gear is stuck back in 4th...

Again! this time I was driving it and I was not on it whatsoever...

Got any ideas what the heck is wrong here?

Thanks in advance...

Keith
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:36 PM