Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT help with a honda, I know someone here can help!
gopack
post Nov 23 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #1

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,472
Region Association: Northern California

Ok, here is my tale of woe. 2weeks ago, got new tires on my Honda pilot. The next day we were driving along, and it felt like a flat tire (wump wump wump) from the back. I got out, and kicked all tires, and nothing was wrong, and when i got back in, car felt fine. We kind of shrugged and said "that is weird!". I figured maybe a stone got caught in the tread and the tire was unbalanced or something like that. Well it happened again a week later. Got out inspected tires, kicked each wheel, and then it went away.
OK then last night it happened again, kicked tires, and it went away.... for 3 minutes. This time i got the jack out, (side of road, dark cold) and lifted each wheel and inspected for loose bearings, loose lug nuts etc. No easily identifiable problem. Put it back down ,and had wife drive slowly as I walked next to it to identify source. Heard a wump wump wump with another slightly metallic, mechanical noise emanating from BEHIND the left rear wheel. Then the problem went away again and we drove it home ~100 miles. any ideas anyone? Any Honda mechanics here? i am afraid that all my bragging about how this vehicle has never given me a lick of trouble is about to bite me in the wallet!

THANKS in Advance ofr any help
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:32 AM