Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mirror Idea? What do you think?
JRust
post Nov 26 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Okay so I have been kicking around an idea for a while. I've seen plenty of different mirrors people have used on their doors. I've seen a few tiny ones more on the small window than the door. I'd really like to see something that is a bolt on but has an extra option to it. So here is my idea

I'd like to replace the small triangle window on the door. I would like to have a nice molded side mirror along the bottom of what used to be the triangle window. Then above add a smaller window that opens on a pivot. Like you used to find on older trucks to bring air into the cab. Not sure what they called that window but does this make sense? I have a picture of it in my mind but nothing on paper yet?

I am sure this will take plenty work. Just seems like it would be doable. Maybe I'm nuts but I think taking off the original window. You could fab up what was needed into it's spot on the same window channel? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 02:19 AM